Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I went to check the spark plug but when I tried to pull the boot off my hand slipped and I accidentally pulled the wire out of the boot. I jammed the wire back into the boot and checked the checked the plug which seemed good. Now I plowed today with it and it seemed fine. Just wondering if I should replace the spark plug wire or just leave it.
Thank in advance

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I would at least pull it and try to recrimp the wire into the terminal. There is a tool you can buy or maybe a friend has one you can borrow. If not you can put the squeeze on it with a pair of pliers. Spray the wire with some lube like WD-40 to slide the wire out of the boot.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok kool thats a bunch. How hard would it be to change the plug wire

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Lot of times there is a screw inside the plug, and the wire literally screws into the poor. I don't know on your particular machine, but a small flashlight into the boot hole will tell you if it's a screw or crimp type connection.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Cut a 1/4" off the end of the coil wire then rescrew your plug cap into the wire. Apply a thin layer of grease around the o ring on the plug boot and reinstall

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Cut a 1/4" off the end of the coil wire then rescrew your plug cap into the wire. Apply a thin layer of grease around the o ring on the plug boot and reinstall

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Thats all you have to do....but use di electric grease....by cutting the wire it give you a new area to screw plug cap in an be secured....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome guys thanks a bunch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts