Polaris ATV Forum banner

PLZ HELP kill switch wireing problem

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Gangle04 
#1 ·
i have been having a problem with my quad running crappy sometimes dieing for a split second then finally yesterday plowing snow it completely died n i had to get my yammy to pull it into my yard and started working on it find when i wiggle the wires to the forward of the two plugs it will make it work and run again and if i wiggle them just right it will run and idle perfectly fine
so this morning i cleaned the plugs on both sides with clr and it helped but still same problem

my assumtion is that the wires to the kill switch are the farword of the two plugs and witchever conectors are to the kill switch the piece in the plug that "springs" sort of to make the connection tight is corroded and siezed up making the connection loose all the time\

basicaly all i want to know is if this all seams possible witch wires in the harness go to the kill switch and couldnt i just cut them down in the pod and soldier connect n heat shink them together to elliminate the kill switch all together i never use it and from what ive bean reading it seams to create a lot of problems..........anby help would be appretiated0

Discussion starter · #3 ·
i need to know witch wires go to the kill switch any ideas?

Discussion starter · #5 ·
thank you i downloaded a service manual and got a little insight from that and added some bare copper wire in the plug holes to make the pins on the switch side tighter really helped alot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.