Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing this has been asked before but whenever I try to search on it, all I get are hits on how to do the three headlight mod or ads for replacement LED BULBS.
I was wondering if anyone out there has fabricated a cube light or something to replace the crap stock headlight pod light (the HI light). From what I have read just swapping out a LED bulb in there isnt the greatest. It gives off a lot of light but it doesnt really project forward. And I dont want to use HID.

Has anyone put a cube LED light in there? Any good aftermarket products out there?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I threw an LED bulb in mine for a quick fix but plan to order a second housing I can tear apart and experiment with. I have some ideas and will post my results.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I could have sworn that rigid made a kit that put a 4 or 5" wide light bar inside the pod that replaced the light in there but I can't find it anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
chk out hayes fabrication!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chk out hayes fabrication!!
I am referring to the HI beam headlight between the handlebars - not the two headlights on the bumper. I know Hays makes a kit to replace the two bumper headlights, but I am pretty certain they dont make a handlebar pod headlight option

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI I am working with an engineer to come up with a part that will replace the handlebar headlight assembly and replace it with something that can take an LED cube light

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am guessing this has been asked before but whenever I try to search on it, all I get are hits on how to do the three headlight mod or ads for replacement LED BULBS.
I was wondering if anyone out there has fabricated a cube light or something to replace the crap stock headlight pod light (the HI light). From what I have read just swapping out a LED bulb in there isnt the greatest. It gives off a lot of light but it doesnt really project forward. And I dont want to use HID.

Has anyone put a cube LED light in there? Any good aftermarket products out there?
Just wondering why your looking for one while at same time working with an engineer to develop one? Maybe just to not reinvent the wheel?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wondering why your looking for one while at same time working with an engineer to develop one? Maybe just to not reinvent the wheel?
I made this post 2 months ago and since then I have realized that no one makes anything that fits there... so I have pretty much resorted to the fact I will need to make one :( If someone knows of something... please let me know. LOL

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
interesting I just was over on the hayes site. I thought they made a pod LED for the 550/570/850/1000 at one point.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I mean, don't use cheap ass Chinesium LED bulbs, and you're good. My Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0s throw light like cannons. Before I even add the 3000+ lumens from my Rigid Duallys, they throw over 7,300 lumens with the three-up headlight mod. The pod throws light like a car headlight, focuses decently enough. The LED with driver and the 3up mod means it's a tight fit in the pod, but it beats engineering something up from scratch.

Light setup. 3x Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0s 880 LED bulbs at 2440lms each. 2x Rigid Dually 20221s at 1534lm each on Polaris Double Tube bumper.

Adding the 3000+ lumens of the Rigids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts