Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 850 eps
not real happy with the limited slip 4x4 when plowing snow or in mud.
power is great power steering is real nice .
I do not like the fact that Polaris took away the foot break component
to shift to hi/ park. Now when your plowing your constantly into park and hi range.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Limited slip......huh?
The front diff engages after 1/5th of a turn of the rear. No way in heJJ that you are going to suffer any reaction loss from that.
Get better tires for trails and mud, chains for plowing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get in mud or on ice it wont engage if you hammer on it.
and its a (2) second delay Polaris dealer tech. service man looked
mine over he said 2 second not 1.5.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
You are complaining about what you don't even seem to understand! Read your manual. It's not "2 seconds", it goes by tire revolutions. As in 1/5 of a tire revolution slipping will cause the front wheels to come on.

If you think this 4x4 system sucks, then you might want to get out of the ATV market, since it's the best out there.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Mine engages do fast u can't see it. Now there is a delay when u shift gears if u dont wait for the dash light then no it wont engage

My S3 addiction!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Your "service guy" is a dun bass who has no idea how the machine is designed or operates. Read your owner's manual and call that idiot out for giving you completely incorrect info.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah I think thats what he means there is a delay when shifting gears. Which would get old plowing snow having to wait for it. I plow with my pickup and that would drive me nuts but it is what it is.

Just watch the icon on the dash if it isnt showing the 4wd icon wait a little longer. Otherwise I agree I really like polaris's 4wd system.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
HAHAHAHA 2 seconds?? come on man!

·
Premium Member
10,578 Posts
Polaris has their sh!t together when it comes to the 4x4 system. I went on a ride about a month ago in approx. 16" of snow, mind u I have 13.75" clear at the bottom of the foot wells. a buddy just picked up a slightly used 09' 850. both bikes pushed a bit, felt like the weren't hooking up immediately. there was a broad representation of utility quads in our group and every time we blasted up a hill and climbed or crawled out of a creek bed/bank he was always there when others couldn't make it. the biggest surprise of the ride for me was when my other buddy with the can am outty 1000 was in front and on some of the hill climbs I would actually catch up to him and a couple of times I had to lay off the throttle. I have also watched video taken of me climbing some ledges and u cant even see the delay in the 4x4 engagement it happens so fast.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The delay when shift from reverse to forward odd back is a pain in the ass but it is In the software so you are not breaking the front diff.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I know after I shift gears, then take a second to look the other direction before hitting the throttle, I never have any issues with AWD not engaging. I think it would be hard to shift gear then be on the throttle in less than 1.5 seconds. I plow for a living for the last 20 years, and understand the delay in waiting on the plow or the truck to shift gears, but once you get in a rhythm with the rig you are using it will be second nature and you won't think about it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Shoulda got a canned ham maybe? If you prefer 3wd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts