Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new cylinder for my polaris. First time rebuilding atv the inside of the cylinder is tore up pretty bad i dont get more than 40 lbs of compression i put a new top end kit and nothing changed dont know where to go from here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i did not pull my cylinder but it has never been rebuild so i believe it is stock size 72mm i was looking at boring it out .020 over is that more than likely the reason why im not getting any compression

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
Hard to believe a 20 year old two stroke has never been rebuilt, but you need to measure the cylinder before you order the piston.

Depending on the wear and or cylinder damage, .020 may not clean it up and it may need to go to .040 - you can go to a maximum of 74 mm (2 mm over stock) - boring is usually under $100 at most shops - I charge $60 to bore a cylinder and hone to clearance - cleaning the gasket surfaces, chamfering the ports, removing carbon from the exhaust port and chasing the threads in bolt holes is also included. If a bolt hole needs the threads repaired or restored, there is an extra charge of $15 per hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts