Polaris ATV Forum banner

Polaris 110 sportsman

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  lateburd 
#1 ·
I had a spitting and sputtering problem. Took it to the dealer, they told me it was the fuel pump. I replaced the fuel pump myself. It solved the problem but only for around 20 mins of riding it starts acting up again. If u let it cool down it'll run fine again but again for about 20 mins. Do I have another bad fuel pump that's overheating maybe?

#3 ·
Most likely yes - especially if you are using ethanol blended fuel - if it's not the fuel pump, it's probably electrical. Charge the battery and let it stand for 4 hours then check the voltage - if it is above 12.8 volts, install it and run the quad till it starts sputtering and check the voltage - if the voltage is below 12.2, the problem may be the battery discharging while running is the cause of the problem. You might need a new battery, a repair to the charging system or the engine may need to be run at a higher RPM for longer periods of time - the lights may need to be disabled to provide more energy available to charge the battery for extended periods of running at lower engine speeds. Let us know what you determine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.