Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have a Polaris 300 2x4. It was handed down to me last year and hasn’t been started in years. Changed all the fluids and it started right up. (Battery goes dead real quick so I just pull start it) last week I used it to roll my yard. The carb was leaking so after every time I’d turn it off, I’d shut the gas off. Well my son decided to turn the fuel on without me seeing one night and I didn’t catch it until a few days later. Gas everywhere. I shut it off. I went to pull start it and it about broke my arm. It’s like it was stuck. Took out the plug and pulled it a few times. Pulled with ease. Put the plug back in and it’s pulling fine now. I ended up taking the carb off in the process and it was pretty nasty. Cleaned it and put everything back together. It no longer leaks, but it still will not start. Not even with a little spray of starting fluid. Plug is wet. Im getting spark. No sure if it’s foiled with all this gas going thru it?? I have 2 brand new plugs. Should I keep the plug out and let the gas evaporate for a day or two before installing a new one? I’ve never had this issue since I’ve had it. Always started and was never hard to pull start

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
i'd use shop air to blow out the chamber and if that's not an option I've stuck a tube lighter in there and lite it. that plug does sound fouled for sure.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
It's flooded - take the plug out and position the piston at BDC - place a small fan to blow air across the spark plug hole for a day or so and try to start normally - if it does not start normally, hold the throttle wide open and try starting - if that doesn't get it going - repeat and try again on another day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts