Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so i bought this 2000 325 magnum 4x4 It apperared in good cosmetic shape, i was told it had been sitting for about 3 years. The guy i got it from cleaned it up and monkey'ed with it to get it to idle by opening up the air screw all the way (more on that in a minute) it idled great and would start 1st pull of the rope but would drown and bog out on the the throttle.

Bought it brought it home and decided to dive in and clean the carb, figure blockage full of varnish etc. with my limited experience i pulled the carb off and noticed a couple of vaccum lines torn up or missing too.
i pulled the 4 screws off the bowl and immediatle noticed a washer sitting in the botttom. And the main jet completely unthreaded bouncing around in there as well. so I cleaned everything up and checked and cleaned the main jet, i placed the washer and jet back in its spot and tighted up a lil over snug. pulled the pilot jet cleaned and replaced to its position. cleaned the bowl and replaced. now mounitng the carb i was looking at the vacuumm line situation. there are 2 on the bottom side and 2 on the rt side near air and idle screws. the one on bottom had line with a vaccum restricter plugged in ( i assume this is the bowl overflow. the other just had a piece of open line on it. then on the Right side near Idle there is a vac nipple with no line or cap and then near airscrew there is a blocked line. so here are my questions.

1. do all the vac lines need to be capped?
2 is there a diagram for these vac lines, i have looked everywhere i can think of with everthing i can think of searching.

For Now I capped all 3 lines (not the overflow) and Started the bike to see if my origional problem was solved Other than starting WIDE OPEN because the airscrew had been been opened up it ran like a champ. I adjusted the air and idle and seemed to have it running pretty well but I want to make sure Im not doing anything wrong on the vaccum side of things.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sounds like you are making progress for sure. The two clear (may be yellowed by time) are not vac lines but where the carb is vented to the air so can fill with gas for example. They should be open and ran into a hole in the frame under the seat area.

Hope the Magnum makes you a good machine.

Welcome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts