Polaris ATV Forum banner

Polaris 400 Sport Carb Kit

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  buddy_1 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I just got a 1999 Polaris Sport 400 and I need to rebuild the carb. The problem I am having is I can not find a kit for a 99 Sport. Found one for a 94-95 Sport but not a 99. Will the one for the 95 fit? If not where can I find a kit for 99 Sport? Thanks for the help in advance. Cobb75.

#3 ·
I got mine at my local Polaris dealer for about $20.00 give or take a couple of dollars. I think it was a Moose brand. Uses same kit as Scrambler and Explorer models.

#6 ·
Yes, they both use the same carb. I used a complete kit for piece of mind due to the age of the machine. Bought it used and didn't know what I might find when I opened it up. Buddy

#7 ·
Thanks for the help. I ordered me a carb kit and a repair manual. So maybe no more stupid questions. The reason for the kit is that the bike has been sitting for about 4 years. And when you turn the gas on it leaks all out the carb. So peace of mind and for the price I wanted to go ahead and rebuild it.

#9 ·
And when you turn the gas on it leaks all out the carb.
While you have it apart be sure and check the floats to make sure their not bad or full of fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.