Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need a winch bracket for a winch on my 450 HO or does it come with one?

What else do I need -

1. Winch
2. Controller
3. Wires

Is there a kit, who makes one?

Any info I can get will help thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a Badland winch (#2500) from Harbor Freight. You will need a KFI mount (100740) and fairlead (ATV-RF). The Badland winch comes with a fairlead but will not work.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Do I need a winch bracket for a winch on my 450 HO or does it come with one?
You need a winch bracket, if you buy a Polaris winch, the bracket comes installed already on the winch.
A winch kit should/will come with the winch you buy,switch, wires, every thing you will need to get the winch wired and working.
570s were wired for the Polaris winch after 2014, not sure on the 450s.
Roller fairlead or a hawse will be also a personal preference, as a rule, cable=roller fairlead, synthetic rope=a hawse.
Get a 3000 pound winch, minimum.
You may want synthetic rope on your winch, instead of galvanized cable, that will be a personnel preference.
Also, welcome to this site.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You'd be a lot better off just buying the kit from KFI with the winch. Simple plug and play. Just installed mine but if you just want a winch then match it to another companies electronics here is the kit. . . For the new Sportsman 570s complete was like 240 dollars.

eBay item number:131226482632
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a Badland winch (#2500) from Harbor Freight. You will need a KFI mount (100740) and fairlead (ATV-RF). The Badland winch comes with a fairlead but will not work.
Where did you mount the control box for the wired connection?

·
Registered
2019 Sportsman 450 HO
10 Posts
I went the Badlands route, and had to but the KFI mount. I didn't care for the wireless controller, so did some searching and figured out how to set up a wired controller. After all was said and done, I was still under $125 all in.

Had I seen this before hand, I would have purchased a KFI kit instead to take advantage of the pre-wired setup on my Sportsman.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went the Badlands route, and had to but the KFI mount. I didn't care for the wireless controller, so did some searching and figured out how to set up a wired controller. After all was said and done, I was still under $125 all in.

Had I seen this before hand, I would have purchased a KFI kit instead to take advantage of the pre-wired setup on my Sportsman.

Where did you mount the controller box?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts