Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new here and have recently bought an 08 Polaris 500 HO. I am looking to plow snow this winter. I have a 60" Polaris plow.
I am looking for suggestions for a Winch, Mount and Fairing Head.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Welcome aboard. What is your budget? Warn, Super-winch, Runva.

I would avoid the polaris winches, unless they have improved any, nay not last too long.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've got a Runva 3.5 with a wireless remote and syn line that I like. I also hear great things from friends with the Superwinch Terra 35. I use my winch 100% of the time for loading and unloading from a pickup. Way safer.

On the cheap side, there is a generally positive review thread on here about the "Harbor Freight Badlands 3000" (can sometimes be had for $80ish.) But I can't go there due to experience with other stuff.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got lucky and picked up my superwinch lt3000 for like $90 on amazon when it was on sale. A couple days later I checked again and it was going for $125-$130ish. Always helps to be patient and shop around.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the board. I picked up the Harbor Freight Badlands 3000# winch for $90 which included shipping. Ordered a KFI mount from Amazon and a syn rope to replace the cable and I have a total of about $180 into it. There is a thread about this winch in the general discussion forum. Haven't had to use it, but it seems to be decent quality. You can buy an extended warranty for it also.
Hope you will enjoy your quad.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
WELCOME!

I like to recomend SUPERWINCH winches. Excellent product, good prices, stand up company and awesome customer service. For a mount Polaris has one as does kimplex.

Fairleed will depend on what you choose for line. Hawes fair leer will work with either but IMHO is best with syn line. Roller fairleed is best with cable but rollers can be changed for use with synthetic. BUT, NEVER use a used fairleed with syn line!! At least not one that was used with cable, it will quickly destroy your new syn line!

IMHO syn line is a godsend for ATV's. its far lighter and much safer but more costly and will not last as long. Its also not as abrasion resistant and the durable cable. Syn line will never kink, never give you a steel sliver, gloves are optional with use. It spools easy. NO danger of spring back if it breaks. its also stronger than cable and is far lighter in weight.

Cable is more durable and cheaper.

Both work, I choose synthetic. ;)

CW

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to the board :beerchug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts