Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 polaris xp that when you start it it runs fine until it get warmed up then it will start to cut out then go back to normal idle speed then go down again. It even does it when your driving it. But once the engine light comes on it runs perfectly fine? Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Bad battery/battery connection can cause symptoms like that. What code are you getting?

Sean

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's like 102 4, something I looked it up and it was low voltage something can't really remember. Turbo_brick where's the t Map sensor located? Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's the code mine was showing. All my research said to change the sensor. After changing it my xp was running perfect so I put the old one back in and same problem. It's a real quick fix but sensor was roughly $180 canadian prices.

And it's located on the air intake

Good luck

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have a 2011 polaris xp that when you start it it runs fine until it get warmed up then it will start to cut out then go back to normal idle speed then go down again. It even does it when your driving it. But once the engine light comes on it runs perfectly fine? Thanks for any help!!!
I have an 2011 550 and I'm curious as to your miles/hrs???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought a new sensor for it and wow is all I can say. I shoulda bought that sensor months ago!! Problem is solved. This has been a great machine it's seen everything from nice trail riding to nasty mud holes and boondocking in snow 6 inches over the running board, first problem I've encountered with it has been this tmap sensor, other than snapping the two front axels, but I expected that with the offset of the rims and tires I put on it! I've had 3 different polaris's and have yet to be disappointed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Polaris 550 xp 2011 in neutral all is ok but when I hift to any othe gear it wants to keep moving even at idle speed and making a schreeing noise have to turn off ignition switch to get it out of gear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts