Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has modified there stock exhaust. I'd like to change the sound of mine up a little. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've seen a few other models with modified exhaust. I plan on doing mine soon. Check out you tube.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to attempt this mod real soon. Does anyone have any pics or ideas they could give me on how they modded there 550 stock exhaust, thanks!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You could install a stock 850 muffler. It has two exit ports rather than the 550's single. Just a thought. Let us know how you come out on your mod.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I did it. I cut the left end cap off when looking at the bike from the rear . I drilled 8 holes in the closest baffle towards the left end of the muffler. Than I cut a hole in the end cap and welded a inch and half tip in the middle of that cap. Covered the old outlet hole up. And painted it. It sounds better than stock IMO. I didn't really have time to ride it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I've been wanting to put an 850 muffler on my 550 for some time.
Just need to find one in good condition at a reasonable price......new ones are $200

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well I did it. I cut the left end cap off when looking at the bike from the rear . I drilled 8 holes in the closest baffle towards the left end of the muffler. Than I cut a hole in the end cap and welded a inch and half tip in the middle of that cap. Covered the old outlet hole up. And painted it. It sounds better than stock IMO. I didn't really have time to ride it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums
:postpic::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts