Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After plowing my over sized driveway and private lane last winter. My wear bar was shot and worn down to the plow body. I even flipped it so both sides were worn down. So over the summer I made a new wear bar out of a 1/4" x 4" x 60" piece of cold rolled steel. I just used it twice this week and it worked perfectly. Zero signs of wear.

This next photo shows my Plow Cart.
This makes mounting, dismounting and moving a dream.
The plow frame lines up perfectly with the atv front plow mount. I just have to wheel it to the front of the XP and push it in to engage the frame mount locks.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I wear out the skid pads. I adjust for 1/4" of space between the wear bar and the ground.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Your homemade cutting edge looks good.... wouldn't even know it wasn't factory if you didn't say so!

I wear out the skid pads. I adjust for 1/4" of space between the wear bar and the ground.
I'm with Cline.... I set my pad 1/4" lower than the cutting edge, so I wear out my pads before the edge. Mainly because I'm not plowing a solid surface, as my drive way is crushed asphalt amd the alley way is gravel.

Note: I use a 5 gallon pail stur stick from home depot to obtain the 1/4" spacing. I place the stur stick under the cutting edge and adjust the wear pads down to the ground (garage floor). It's easy to replace these or weld a new bad to the base of them if needed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is not an option for me. My drive is very shaded and steep. If I leave any snow behind it will turn into an icy mess. Been there done that. I used to plow with a 1978 John Deere 400 that things wear bar lasted me 15 years and it rode every inch on the asphalt. The engine finally went so I sold it and the xp has stepped up to take its place.
So if this wear bar lasts that long it will be well worth my time and very small $ investment.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhh....... asphalt. I'm plowing gravel with a few bigger rocks embedded here and there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts