Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polaris I bought Is not getting nothing from the switch for awd. I replaced all fuses up front under hood..haven't trace wires yet and im unfamiliar with the awd system... I took pic but wont upload the yellow but to looks to be missing a small metal piece. I can email it if some one can post it for me

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is there a relay or anything any where else i can check besides under the hood... 2005 polaris sportsman 700 EFI

·
Registered
72 Posts
check the bulb that lights up when in awd

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it doesnt come on. my speedo and headlight is all working though..even though its saying maintance needed. ( the wrench is blinking)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in the pic is the yellow switch missing a small peice of metal should i have two ir just that one in pic??

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
looks pretty dirty in there..may want to get some electrical cleaner then meter it out...see if you have power to the contacts....there does look like there is a empty slot below...but not sure if any thing goes there or not...some one may chime in with a answer....also state your year..may help more

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont hink the awd likght comes on. guess ill have too check i was fiddling with it today and it wasnt doing a thing when i flipped swich i didnt here nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
sorry...I missed the year you posted..my apoligies

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
you will need a meter and wiring diagram to start tracing the wires to see where power cuts out ...or a bad connection....there is a plug on the front diff..clean that also....then grease it with dielectric grease..also check for power there when switch is all together and on AWD

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks ill stop by the garage tongiht. i know it runs into the pod. i heard theres a sensor on the right hub that controls awd and the pod does too. i dont think its in the diff because wouldnt i hear it lock in or somthing?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the sensor on the hub is your speed sensor....the plug to activate AWD hillard is in the front diff....once you have a wiring diagram you can trace the wires and see the color codes for them....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea im looking for a brown and a brown with white stripe. also i cross them ill get awd even with a bad pod so iv read any ways.. im still wondering if my yellow swich is missing a piece... waiting on some one to chime in lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts