Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ATV Junkie
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

To ring in the New Year, the RANGER RZR family welcomes a whole new class of Side x Side, introducing the RANGER RZR XP 900!

The RANGER RZR has the only family of Sport Side x Sides with Razor Sharp Performance for all types of recreation. It all started in 2008 when Polaris introduced the only trail-capable Side x Side, the RANGER RZR 800. In 2009, came the only true-sport Side x Side, the RANGER RZR S 800. With the introduction of the RANGER RZR 4 800 in 2010, Polaris introduced the world’s only four-seat sport Side-by-Side. For 2011, the family adds the RANGER RZR XP 900, a whole new class of Side x Side that continues to offer the ultimate combination of power, suspension and agility and takes it to the extreme.

Continue reading here: RANGER RZR Introduces a Whole New Class of Side x Side - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nice. No doubt but for $15,000 is durn welll should be

·
ATV Junkie
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, not bad considering everything that it comes with. It's good to see Polaris back on top though :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
What a waste. Put an 88HP engine in the RZR and make it 64" wide! I bet the air intake still leaks too. LOL

Polaris need to start focusing their efforts on QUALITY and stop screwing half their customers, instead of coming out with new junk.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
2012 will not start rolling into dealers until late August. Of course there will be rumors, but any and all official info will not be released until the day after the national dealer meeting, usually in some location like vegas or florida. And that is when the entire ATV and ranger line-up and changes will be released and announced. Also, dealers will not know anything either, not until after the dealer meeting. Until that point, anything said is not official and just a rumor.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It looks like it took some major reworking under the skin to make what looks like a bored out 850 quad motor fit in the RZR. I am not sure if or when it would ever make it into the full size Ranger workhorse models. Without seeing the finished product in person, its hard to say what all they had to change to make it fit under the RZRs body, but you can see that the rear suspension was totally redesigned, and the motor looks like it might be mounted a little higher up, maybe making that added track width a necessity for stability.

You can see in some of the pics, that the muffler is mounted like it is on the quads, and looks to be a very free flowing can, rather then the typical make it quiet as possible and don't worry about the power loss approach that Polaris and most OEMs tend to follow. Which makes some sense to me, that for them to take an 850 punch it out to 875 would not normally make an 18hp gain, so I think they probably have that 875 tuned as close to the Max it can offer as possible, in order to trump the Commander 1000.

I do really like the modern 850 and 875 twins a lot better then then old parallel 760 twin. The newer design motor is much smoother running, more powerful engine, that no longer sounds like a hopped up weedwacker. LOL .

I am sort of curious if and how adaptable those 875 components are to the 850 quads. making an 88hp 875 XP QUAD would be a pretty darn cool. If it is not to expensive it might be a fun project to try. This could be a precursor to what maybe in the Polaris quad lineup's future. I could actually see that happening before a total rework of the the whole Ranger lineup. Right now the 850 quad is dead last in terms of pure power to the ground when compared to the Cat 950, and Can-am 800R. I know on paper they all three rate at 70 hp. But on a wheel dyno, the 850 is about 4hp 10% short of CAT and CAN-AM's Top Quads.

·
Registered
764 Posts
i totally agree with you about the exhaust noise of the 800 motor. one reason i haven't bought a rzr is the annoying exhaust. my ranger is a 700 or rather 683cc. it doesn't sound anything like the 800 motor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i want the rzr4 for the family and this engine would just make it that much better

·
Registered
1 Posts
The new 900 RZR is just that, NEW -not a modified 850 XP but a whole new engine. Hmmm... 88 horse power in the initial offering.... I wonder if it can go up from there?

As the video shows, it has a new sand-rail style suspension, but did you also notice the new transmission?

Polaris continues to focus on improved durability and quality. This is something they are very committed to. And with the new RZR XP, they spent a lot of time testing and evaluating the design. Typically they test to 10,000 miles, but the RZR XP was tested beyond 25,000.

Them boys (and gals) at Polaris is smart. This is one hell of a machine. And it'll probably last longer than a used Jeep.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hop we can see this engine in the sportsman XP, that would be sweeeeeet!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts