Polaris ATV Forum banner

Polaris ATV Forum July 2022 Colorado Trip

9K views 99 replies 15 participants last post by  FPD218 
#1 ·
For all of you that may need to pick vacations for next year, July 20-31, 2022 will be the ride dates for out west.

Unknown at this time if we will ride in Colorado, Utah, or Arizona or a combination of all 3 states.

Any input for preference for planning purposes will be appreciated.

What is known at this time is you will need extra gas, a tent, camera, food to share, a ATV/UTV in good mechanical condition and want to ride and explore some beautiful scenery and have fun doing it.

#4 · (Edited)
Reactions: Doc8404
#8 ·
I saw it, I would have been there if Sleepy Joe had opened the border!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My vote is for something as west as possible, saves me a lot of driving!!
We had riders from New York, Maryland, Texas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Colorado and Kentucky. All of us have a long commute, but you soon forget about the drive as soon as you get there!

#6 ·
Oh man now I'm getting super jelly!!! Not only do I want to go and bummed I missed the last SUPER ride but I've also been looking at x3s myself!!!! @McCarthy77 if you go with the x3 and I don't even make it x3 or not I'M BLOCKING YOU 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!

#22 ·
I'll be there as long as the border opens, you're welcome to take it for a rip if you don't have one by then. Though I will warn you, you'll be buying one moments later. They're that good.

We had riders from New York, Maryland, Texas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Colorado and Kentucky. All of us have a long commute, but you soon forget about the drive as soon as you get there!
Well, that's great and all, but i'm special [needs].

In all seriousness though, my vote would be for Utah. I see these incredible videos and pictures and really want to ride there!

#7 ·
bp405 take 2 tablespoons of Exlax and check back here tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Sprotsman
#9 ·
Ok "king 💩" aka @FPD218 you been out west once and to HMT 3 times 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!

By the way that your new name: king 💩!!! Please don't tell me you're one of those guys that barely does anything and the little you do accomplish you blow out of proportion????

You do look like a little guy so maybe it's a Napoleon complex????

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

#11 ·
Tent camping. But there would be nothing stopping you from trying to find a motel. It may be 20 to 50 miles away as long as we could regroup in the morning no problem.

We tried to stay together so that we can all eat together and of course have story time around the campfire.

As far as air conditioning you do not have to worry about that temperatures at night fall into the low 40s upper 30's. You may want heat!

• Love
Reactions: Heavy_GD
#18 ·
MrEd, is that the list of items the group made up last July when everyone gathered around the camp fire smoking your homemade blunts, drinking the West Virgina booze, just as the bear decided to join our party?

#21 ·
God bless our traveling home
And guide us where ever we roam
Help us find the roads we seek
And please don't let the plumbing leak...
Save us, please from engine trouble
And mechanics who charge us double
As we travel on our way
Bless us with sunshine every day
And while you're watching over all,
Could you let gas prices fall?
Lead us toward good food and friends
And when at last our journey ends
Grant our rolling home sweet rest
Until the next endurance test.

#24 ·
@GDD Looks like Paiute!!!! I was out there a 3 years ago and stayed in Marysvale. Only hit the trail for 4 days which wasn't enough time!!!!! Then we went on to hit Moab for 4 days!!! Can't wait to go back!!!!

@McCarthy77 Thats very cool of you!!!!! The only way I see myself getting into one right now is if a dealer with a good rep I know of gets something in stock and I go and look at it and basically make a purchase right then and there. I'm apprehensive on ordering one right now. You are 100% correct though if I get in yours and drive it I will most definitely order one over the phone right then and there!!!!

Reactions: McCarthy77
#26 ·
You will not be the only one with a side-by-side. There are no worries about the width of the trail.

Reactions: bp405
#29 ·
Yup i'll be bringing the X3. It's a good thing it's not until next summer, I just put a rock through the 3/8" UHMW skid plate, crossmember, and hit the trans hard enough to crack the case. Will be down for a while waiting for parts. That's what happens when you don't have quite enough ground clearance and you're doing 90+ mph...

#32 ·
Kinda what I’m afraid of. 1500 miles for me. I do plan on going but not if gas is 6$ a gallon by then. My dodge is horrible on fuel. I’m trying to find a little smaller trailer to haul mine and hopefully put a Reese hitch on the Jeep to see if it will even pull the rzr. Gas went up another 25 cents over the weekend here. At this point we may all have to find someone with a Semi too carpool everyone out west.

#39 ·
Ok guys so I’m going too apologize for derailing the post . Was never my intentions. I was just stating fuel prices will determine wether i get to go or not. So I may or may not get too. Thats almost a year away so we will see. . I hope too see you guys there . If not I hope everyone enjoys the trip . Now you can carry on with more talk about the trip without having to read through a bunch of useless arguments . That’s all from me. Thanks

#40 ·
LOL... You'll have to go now just for spite after those comments TN.
I've got hundreds of miles of some of the best mountain trails to be found anywhere right out my garage door. But there's nothing like riding in the BIG mountains. Its a long hard trip to get out there but I, and now apparently FPD, was hooked after the first trip several years ago. So much so that its become a regular summer pilgrimage for my crew to go hang out a couple weeks to ride in natural air conditioning with low humidity when its 100 degrees with 100% humidity around here and no fun at all to ride. 🥵
I start bouncing around ideas about the next years trip and which other trails I may want to run or what I may do different while I'm still there lol. Not to mention you'll be right in the middle of some of the most awesome scenery to be found anywhere in the world.

#44 · (Edited)
Tnsnipper, Thanks for all the FREE publicity and keeping this thread active! Trip is still on for out west July 20-31 2022.... Next Forum trip after that just might be to Tennesee!

#45 ·
Rectangle Font Gas Publication Signage

#47 ·
Well, it appears that shortly after the first of the year I'll be returning to my old job in Florida. However, I'll be keeping my property in Colorado. For anybody that's interested, if you're worried about the cost of traveling, we might be able to work something out to use my house as a staging area for those that might need it. It's a three bedroom, but I have one room with a twin bed and bunk bed setup, and another room with a twin and a full. Master is mine, sorry........just a thought. Not fancy but comfortable and reasonable drive from any good area here in Colorado. My vote for next ride is Uncompaghre Wilderness, which is to the west of Montrose and south of Delta. Way more trails than Taylor park, and very likely less crowded. Still sort of central for the most part. Just a suggestion. I'm leaving most of my stuff here in Colorado and coming back for racing and atving.

#49 · (Edited)
All intrested, It appears that the trip to Colorado 2022 will be a little farther west of last years and BASE CAMP will be set up somewere in the UNCOMPAGHRE NATIONAL FOREST.

Go to COTREX and download the app/map to check out the area Colorado Trail Explorer (COTREX)

This will be tent camping in the wilderness, plan accordingly.

Ask any questions you may have

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.