Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So i was in the process of ordering parts for my 2006 Polaris 700 EFI, and i removed the back left tire to see if i needed any parts for the caliper, wait, there is no caliper back there? isnt there supposed to be?
Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi,
So i was in the process of ordering parts for my 2006 Polaris 700 EFI, and i removed the back left tire to see if i needed any parts for the caliper, wait, there is no caliper back there? isnt there supposed to be?
Thanks
Some machines will only have 1 caliper and it will be on the right side of the rear axle. Verify this by confirming you only have 1 brake line going to that side of the axle.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi,

Thanks

Some machines will only have 1 caliper and it will be on the right side of the rear axle. Verify this by confirming you only have 1 brake line going to that side of the axle.

To further clarify, since the rear axle is solid (no differential), a single disc and caliper brakes both wheels.

MHB

·
Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Yup only some machines have brakes on both wheels. The European models, the turf mode models, and the high performance models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts