Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Polaris lock and ride rear box on my 2013 XP LE and in the market to get a backrest for it. I see that there are 2 Polaris backrest. One attaches to the box and the other is adjustable. Can the adjustable backrest be used with the box at the same time? I`m getting conflicting info. And which backrest is better and why. Neither are cheap but I saw them at the dealership and they seem pretty nice. I appreciate and info.

·
Registered
548 Posts
This is what I did and it works great. It's the standard lock and ride back rest but what I did was flip it and put a 4x4 block of wood for support!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean by flip it. It looks like what I saw at the dealer except for the wood. Can you explain please. Also I don't have the bags so it may look crappy on my quad if I do that.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The backrest usually sits right up on the toolbox. When you flip it you gets it gives you like for a 5 inches and pushes the rest forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think what he means by flipping it is the plastic portion the seat cushion is attached to is normally recessed to the box, by reversing that plastic support it is now bumped out away from the box. I have the same backrest with the saddle bags, I only thing I don't like is you have to lift the box with the bags and backrest attached to remove the seat. I wish they had a quick release for the backrest, box and bags get heavy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts