Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought old Polaris Barrus D-bat Diesel ATV. This is my first ATV so some kind of owners manual would be nice :veryhappy:

Could anyone advise where I might find some sort of user's manual for this model? I understand that the model is uncommon here in Europe?

How about the spare parts book, which another Polaris model is the closest?

Greetings from Finland

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Sorry...I am no help. I had to go out and lookup this model. I had no idea that Polaris made diesel models in early 90's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found this info from internet: E.P Barrus revealed the worlds first diesel quad.
Based on and utilising the hugely successful Polaris 350 trail boss's chassis/running gear it was fitted with a 300cc yanmar air cooled single cylinder diesel engine.

So Polaris trail boss 350 owner's and Workshop Service Repair Manual needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 400cc Polaris D-bat here in Ireland the gearbox was all split into 4 sections , I got it welded by chap not too far from me, done a super job looks like new, I have contacted Barrus UK and I was sent the wiring diagram which was nice of them, I can forward this to you by email if you like, as it was sent to my gmail account, I am told they were not very good, but I cant wait to get it running again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
D bat 6x6

Jembo,
I have just started to sort a D bat 6x6, it is in a very well used condition :sad: but before I move onto sorting the mechanical stuff I want to get it starting and stopping.
Could you send me a copy of the wiring diagram please, I am stripping off everything apart from essential electrics and I am not sure about the voltage regulator wiring.
Can you tell me also how you stop yours as the cable stop arrangement is missing.
Can you do personal messages on this forum?
Kev

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jembo,
I have just started to sort a D bat 6x6, it is in a very well used condition :sad: but before I move onto sorting the mechanical stuff I want to get it starting and stopping.
Could you send me a copy of the wiring diagram please, I am stripping off everything apart from essential electrics and I am not sure about the voltage regulator wiring.
Can you tell me also how you stop yours as the cable stop arrangement is missing.
Can you do personal messages on this forum?
Kev
Hi Kev I will need your email address as the wiring diagram was sent to me this way, I dont have brakes on it at the moment there all broken I am like you rebuilding.PM me you email address.

Jimmy.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
I am interested in these projects too! Yet another machine out there that I was not aware of, but intrigues me. Love to see some photos.

From your posts I am guessing that they do not use a hydraulic brake system that newer machines use. Just a thought on that, if they are based on a Polaris chassis, then you might be able to adapt newer calipers to the machine. Probably have to make some of your own brake lines but you should be able to copy the hydraulic brake systems of newer Polaris machines. Another assumption on my part, but if you are willing to take on this kind of project you have the ability to pull it off!

Good luck!

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Steve,
When I said stopping I meant stopping the engine, there is no easy way just now as the stop lever/button is missing.
It does have hydraulic disc brakes (they don't work either) there is one on the centre axle, one on each front hub and another on the gearbox output shaft that also has a mechanical lever on it that works off the foot pedal - I have actually had that one in bits this afternoon and rebuilt it but the pads are getting very thin and there is no way to change them you have to buy a whole new caliper - the pads are held in with pins that are pushed in to the flush and no way to get them out.
Is that a usual thing for polaris to do?
Regards, Kev

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
No, it is not usual. There is a way to get the pads off the calipers if they are in fact Polaris units. I had to look it up in a manual the first time because I could not figure out how they came out. Manuals are in the workshop now. I will look tomorrow and let you know. I remember that the pins only move a little bit which will let you get the pads off by sliding them one at a time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Polaris d bat 400 diesel

Hi all,

I have an old Polaris DBat 400 Diesel, i am trying to get it back up and running but it is turning into a bit of a thankless task! can anyone advise where the best place to get parts are for this machine. Or even a manual may be of some use.

Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
As mentioned previously the chassis was 350 trail boss, the engine is a fairly common Yanmar marine diesel used on all sorts of things, get the engine type no# and have a search, parts easily available.
Chassis and running gear bits are harder if not impossible to find in the uk.
You will either have to go on holiday to the States to find them or subsitute and make fit some parts off another Bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wiring diagram has been sent to everyone that requested it at least send back or post a reply you got it.
Hi Jembo!
Sorry to bother you, but could you or anyone else possibly share the diagram to me, too? (Sent PM with my email address) Just bought a running D-bat 400, but the wiring is a mess! Thanks in advance!
Best, Kim

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I'm in the process of doing up my polaris dbat by barrus. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a wiring diagram.
Many thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts