Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide if I should get the Polaris Bodyguards.

If you have them what are your thoughts? Worth it? not Worth it?

If you have pictures Post them.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What are "bodyguards"? Are you refering to the metal add on bumpers / grill guards for the front and rear and the metal rack extenders?

What year and make machine do you have? I'm sure you'll get plenty of visual eye candy if you ask specifically!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
you mean the side bars? my dad had them on his 850 for like a year but they caught on everything and broke more then they saved, if you ride small trails

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What are "bodyguards"? Are you refering to the metal add on bumpers / grill guards for the front and rear and the metal rack extenders?

What year and make machine do you have? I'm sure you'll get plenty of visual eye candy if you ask specifically!!
Sorry, I didn't think to mention the model.

I have a 2013 XP 850. I am referring to the Pure Polaris Body Guard

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Okay.... that helps! :D I do like those too.... and you don't see them that often. Not to mention for $250, they look like "cheap insurance"!!

No luck for me, doesn't look like they make them for my machines.

·
11,250 Posts
LOL...If you ride in the woods and prefer being wedged and stuck between two trees rather than having a few scratches on your fenders they would be great. I wonder if they make a roll cage to go with them?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
those would be more trouble than they are worth by the looks of them. I was riding tight trails last week that even on my midsized Hawkeye would have put me stuck had I had those on. I can only imagine how much stuff they'd catch on. Besides the added width isn't a good thing not for tight trails, which are really the only place that you'd need them any way. I'd say put the $250 towards front and rear bumpers, lights, or a storage. It'll be money better spent.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I agree with the others, would pass...

·
Registered
553 Posts
They are not that strong and bend easy IMO they cause more damage then they prevent.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies.

As for the width, a lot of guys use the fender flairs (granted they can flex) and wide tires and don't seem to have problems.

Does anyone have actual experience with them?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The fender flares (at least the ones from thor) indeed flex with the body plastics. He has a video of them being torture tested.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
You've got two that say they cause more damage than they prevent in their experience. and the majority of riders that opt for wider tires and flares tend to ride mud and or wide open trails.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts