Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm trying to fix my atv brakes, they werent doing anything, i replaced the brake handle, put new fluid in, and it still doesnt work... what am i missing?
Thanks

Below is a picture of the part i replaced

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well. Hard to cypher what you have going on with all the info you have provided lol...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry:)
So basically, theres no response to pulling the brake handle... it feels like theres a spring in there but other than that nothing happens... sorry i cant tell you more.. does that sound like something with the brake pads?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
Did you bleed the system? What wheeler are you working on?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you mean by bleeding the system? its a polaris sportsman 700 efi

·
Registered
117 Posts
Each brake caliper has a bleeder valve - you start with the farthest from the handle usually back right and pump the brake handle and then hold it down and open the bleeder then close the bleeder - you need to get the air out of each brake line - You do that until a solid stream of brake fluid comes out of each bleeder - they you refill the master cylinder on the handle and you should be good to go - assuming you have decent pads and calipers to begin with

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
:popc1:

·
Registered
15,819 Posts
If that doesn't work, bleed the MC first - remove the line, hold your finger over the hole and pull the lever gently - it should force fluid past your finger. If it doesn't, let off the lever and squeeze gently again - each time you let off the lever, you should feel suction on your finger. That suction is pulling fluid into the piston cylinder - when it is full, you cannot hols your finger over the hole hard enough to prevent fluid from coming out when you squeeze the lever. Now connect the line and proceed with bleeding the system at each caliper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 scrambler 500 4x4. Cannot get rear brakes to work. New caliper men master cylinder in foot brake. When I go to bleed brakes just shoves fluid out top.of foot brake reservoir

·
14,091 Posts
2000 scrambler 500 4x4. Cannot get rear brakes to work. New caliper men master cylinder in foot brake. When I go to bleed brakes just shoves fluid out top.of foot brake reservoir
You really need to start your own thread when you have a question rather than hijack someone else's but to answer you question...You need to rebuild/put new seals in the rear caliper. Its bypassing fluid from the hand brake side to the foot brake side of the piston.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts