Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Polaris brand tracks. I already know they're made by Camoplast. is there actually a difference between the Camoplast tracks with the Polaris name on them? Dealer says they are specifically built and geared for Polaris. Though, I thought Camoplast already did that and sent you the gears and mounts needed for your specific quad?

Seems silly that to get the "Polaris" brand of Camoplast tracks are $1000 more.

Only thing that makes it tempting to spend the extra $1000 is the warranty is still good, where the direct Camoplast tracks I loose my warranty. According to my local dealer that is.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
They would be the same IF you order them for your specific model Polaris. The "gears" are the sprockets on the tracks. They come totally assembled. If you talk to the right guys, and tell them your purpose, they will get the tracks set up with sprockets to meet your particular needs.
For instance, I have a 550 and wanted the little more speed that the "normal 850" sprockets would give me. They are just one more tooth, front and rear than the standard 550 sprockets. Means to me, I would not have the low end and power for really deep snow, etc. for my 550.
Camoplast is the best! I am very pleased with my set up for ice-fishing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured. I was looking into buying a set for the last one before but never did.

One problem is I want to finance with a new quad when I get it.

Might have to go to a different dealership because the one here seems all about the polaris product. Also sounds like they won't warranty me if I don't buy their tracks. They're also the kind of dealer that when I talked to them about my a-arm joints breaking on the old quad they were all, "never heard of that before..." All I can think, have you never been on the internet? I'm sure they know all about the problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, are they much work putting them on for the first time? I also wanted to buy them through the dealer so that they would be installed then I pick up the machine when that day comes.

·
Registered
993 Posts
They are very easy to install. I have a set of the Polaris tracks and love them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts