Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I hope there is someone out there that can help me, although I do not wish this on anyone. I have a 06" Sportsman 500 x2 efi, with a gremlin in it. The quad will start if you let it sit a while but will only run for a minute or two then will die. All the electrical goes out, lights, lcd readout, everything. It will have no electrical at all, like if it has no battery in it. The battery is new and has full charge. Wait a while and it has electrical again, the longer I wait the longer it will run. Example: wait 5-10 minutes it might run 10-30 seconds, wait 30 minutes it will run about 2-3 minutes, wait 30 seconds after it dies, it will not even power up the lcd readout. When it dies the headlight does not get dim, instead it flickers along with the gauges then all dies at once. I have put in new battery, cleaned & tightened all grounds cleaned out kill switch on handlebar, cleaned connections on back of speedomter, removed ecu & cleaned connector, checked large grounds to engine block from frame and power wires from battery to solenoid and from solenoid to starter. the one thing it will do is crank over but not start with solenoid jumped even if all else is dead. I worked on this beast for hours today with no luck.
Any suggestions will be tried & appreciated. Thank You....

·
Registered
421 Posts
sounds to me like a short somewhere tripping a circit breaker, or a circit breaker going bad, or to much draw somewhere. id say find a wire diagram and check that. it maybe evon the ecu....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sounds like a possible grounding issue.

·
Registered
174 Posts
check your circuit breakers, feel which one gets hot. I had the same problem, turned out to be the high mount brake light I installed rubbed through on the frame. fixed that all is good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts