Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Polaris expedition 425 it had been sitting for about 5 years i got it started it drove for about 2 minutes then die. I would wait 30 seconds it would start fine then die when i touched the throttle then it would start run fine then die again i replaced carb and cdi and spark plug and it did not help. Any ideas

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2000 Polaris expedition 425 it had been sitting for about 5 years i got it started it drove for about 2 minutes then die. I would wait 30 seconds it would start fine then die when i touched the throttle then it would start run fine then die again i replaced carb and cdi and spark plug and it did not help. Any ideas
Replace your pulse coil, my sportsman 700 was doing the same thing, pulse coil was cracked. I’m positive that’s the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replace your pulse coil, my sportsman 700 was doing the same thing, pulse coil was cracked. I’m positive that’s the issue.
i replaced the coil and i did not make a difference. I have no idea what to check next have any suggestions

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Need to determine if it's electrical or fuel related - start by disconnecting the black wire from the CDI unit - this will eliminate being able to shut the engine off until it is plugged back in - if the problem disappears, you need to find out which kill circuit is the problem or where the black wire is grounding out. If the problem is not gone, then you need to see if it's losing spark or not getting fuel - this is a bit more difficult, but just a hill for a climber.

Let me know what you determine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts