Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks - I am new to the site and am newly reintroduced to 4 wheeling. I am picking up a couple of new Polaris ATV's tomorrow and am wondering if you folks could provide some input regarding the extended warranty and whether or not it is worth the money spent?? Any thoughts are appreciated.
2014 850 Touring & 2014 550 X2

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well considering their normal warranty is only 6 months, should be a no brainer but how much for how long? It would depend on how much you ride? Are you a daredevil and go balls out or are you conservative? I have read some threads in here that point out that they have issues the first few days of purchase and their regular warranty covered it. If you ride your machine in fairly moderate fashion, within 6 months is a point where if its working with that amount of time it should be good. BUT Personally, I would rather have reassurance for that "just in case". It's only worth it for "piece of mind" and if something really goes wrong and it is needed.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Get it! For the peace of mind!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I did the dealer threw the second 6 months

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I didn't get an extended warranty. It is a huge money maker for the companies.
Will I regret it? Maybe. How many people complain about this and that not being covered by their extended warranty? Many.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'll be getting it with my next machine. why? because I want the peace of mind. and because with my luck, if I don't get it I'll need it. I don't think I ride super hard, but some people might think I do. everyone's thoughts on how they ride are different. The hardest thing with warrantees is staying away from things that void them. Because there are a lot of things that void warrantees. like different than stock tires, lifts, electrical modifications, exhausts, clutch mods, Mud, water, etc. so if you want to mod you machine right away, forego the extended warranty as you'll just be throwing money away. If you plan on keeping them stock for a couple years. then by all means get the peace of mind.

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
As most have said, I would get it. Mine has more than paid for itself, although I would rather that it would have been a waste of money. There is a huge amount of wiggle room in the price of the warranty. Don't just accept what they tell you the price is up front. Make them work for it and you will be amazed at how much they can reduce the price.
Also, you don't have to run the stock tires. You can upgrade them without voiding out your warranty. Just don't go crazy big with them. That could cause a problem.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Waste of money - they win almost every time

Not really...........its the almost that that will do you in if you don't get it. For what the warranty really costs you, and something were to happen, it is worth the hassle, especially the more you are on your machine. Besides, if I just paid a pretty penny for my ride, a few more bucks isn't gonna kill the deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's not the bumper to bumper, cover it all, no questions asked deal you think it is. There are lots of loopholes, and they will deny virtually everything in my experience.

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I bought my used 800 I got the extended warranty. If I remember correctly, it's for 3-5 years? I got it mainly for the peace of mind that if anything breaks I can take it back to the dealer and they'll fix it for a $50 deductible. Plus, I know the machine looks and runs great but I don't know what the guy before me put it thru. It looks like he took real good care of it, but then again one never knows for sure when and if something will break.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts