Polaris ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I buy My fluids including oil from My local dealer yes it's only a couple of miles from the house but even if it was 20 miles I would still buy there I just like using O.E. Fluids & Parts I do however mail order quite a few Polaris Parts to save$ I always keep extra fluids/oils "In Stock" at the house so I don't have to run to the dealer every time I need some.

·
Registered
24 Posts
for my quad, not a popo. i used royal purple 10W40 motor 75W90 for the diffs. that was on hand all in one spot on the shelf. so for the old lady's bike we are looking at 40 weight motor oil , 75W90 rear diff,"polaris" tranny and front diff oil?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
We kool-aid drinkers and Polaris homers prefer to keep our machines running so if buying Polaris products keeps them going, so be it.
Wouldn't it be nice to keep your machine running great on an equivalent fluid? Keep in mind that Polaris doesn't make these fluids. The fluids that they want to use are already made by someone else and Polaris just slaps their name on it and says "buy our fluids or your machine will blow up". Great.
It's not Polaris saying "buy our fluids or your machine will blow up". It's all of us polaris owners who have the experience with these machines and have seen it first hand. Like I said, You can find alternatives for everything but the front end. For that, anything other than demand drive is a failure in progress.

I understand about not wanting to make the drive to get one quart of oil. But there are so many alternatives/options to going for just that. Like blueline said, make a day trip out of it. Stock up on whatever you may need. Find another reason to make the trip worth the time and gas money.

I also don't get why you're complaining about the expensive polaris fluids and the drive, when you're going to order amsoil which is just about as expensive and have it shipped to your house. Why not just order the polaris fluid and have it shipped? Other than either having to drive or pay for shipping, I don't really understand what this thread is about.

If there's one person I'd listen to on this forum, it's Blueline. He knows his chit.
If you bought a new car and HAD to go to the dealer to get all of your parts and fluids would you be happy with that? Think about it a second. Every time you wanted to get a fluid....off to the dealer......every time you wanted a part......off to the dealer. That is the point. Build a machine that can use fluids found at a auto parts store. If you decide to make a machine that needs special fluids then let everyone know what the fluid is so they can make it too so your customers can get the fluid. Being held hostage comes to mind.

I know it is a way of thinking. I don't expect the homers on this site to understand. I'm really amazed at how this site pushes and pushes ONLY POLARIS parts and fluids. Kind of makes me think that everyone is paid by Polaris to say this stuff. When I see something like that I normally find other alternatives. I like to see options. I don't see any on this site.

By the way. My non polaris belt works awesome. Now I will just have to see if it lasts longer than the polaris belt did. Time will tell.

Oh and the tranny really likes AMSOIL.

Later,

recurveman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Be thank full motorola was not involved in production it is not just polaris that does this. You have a option to buy other products instead of bashing polaris and crying about the ride. Try asking the question another way has anyone tried other fluids and had good luck you are going to still get the guys that swear by oe fluids. These people seem like they have either tried other fluids and had bad luck or heard stories of others have bad luck. so far you have kicked several members in the b***s and this thread has run full circle three times.

You chose the machine you bought. yes you should have done more research on were is the closest service dept and the quality of service I now people that drive 2hrs just so they do not have to deal with the guy 10 min away because he is costumer friendly.

And yes polaris may be the best machine but if you can't get it serviced it is us less so sell the machine do some research and buy the right one this issue is not with polaris or dealer it is your lack of research

Good luck with your next machine and happy and safe riding I buy oem fluids but I have a great dealer and enjoy going there with my son and seeing what's new

Ftm ptb everyone goes home

No disrespect just another opinion and you now what they say about them

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
QUOTE]
I know it is a way of thinking. I don't expect the homers on this site to understand. I'm really amazed at how this site pushes and pushes ONLY POLARIS parts and fluids. Kind of makes me think that everyone is paid by Polaris to say this stuff. When I see something like that I normally find other alternatives. I like to see options. I don't see any on this site.

By the way. My non polaris belt works awesome. Now I will just have to see if it lasts longer than the polaris belt did. Time will tell.

Oh and the tranny really likes AMSOIL.

Later,

recurveman[/QUOTE]

This guy is hilarious. Yes recurvman, we are all paid by polaris. Actually they give us free sportmans and we don't have to drive to the dealership for parts and fluids either. The CEO's of the company bring us all a fresh supply of fluid right to our houses and even change them out for us.

Also, no one said that you could not use Amsoil in the tranny or engine. I use it and it does work fine. But there are no alternatives to the front diff fluid. Lastly, an aftermaket belt will work for a while. But trust me the polaris belt and the Highlifter 3GX belt are the only ones that will work properly and hold up. After a while your machine will creep and your belt will break.

Lastly, if you don't like the site and years of experience and trial and error that are provided for you than get the hell off. Most people here are very curteous and helpful so you have no reason to be so negative towards them. You don't like our knowledge and experience, so don't ask us questions since you think you know everything.

·
Registered
745 Posts
QUOTE]

Lastly, if you don't like the site and years of experience and trial and error that are provided for you than get the hell off. Most people here are very curteous and helpful so you have no reason to be so negative towards them. You don't like our knowledge and experience, so don't ask us questions since you think you know everything.

:dito:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bad attitude

recurveman,Mike here.At last someone expressed their opinion and hasn't been bashed yet.I was but ALL and ALL, it is O.K.This is to (joeboo151),,,Welcome here!!! Now this is to (joeboo151),,,(lostcause),,,(razorback),,,and (sinful),so far.Thanks guys for your responses and oponions on this thread.I've been tired of it also.I'm like you guys,SELL IT,CHECK OUT ANOTHER BRAND??? and get the HELL off here.The other brands have forums also,buy their brand and then you can B---h them out cause you didn't check out what you were buying first.:moon:Mike.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
LoL...I cant believe this thread is still going...........I cannot comprehend what the problem with buying Polaris fluids is...my dealer (that I choose to go to) is 45 minutes away...its a 3 hr round trip.......I love it, I get up early Saturday morning and go to the dealer,look at new products,talk to the mechanics etc...and i have NO urge to want to buy other fluids that are NOT recommended for my 10,000 dollar toy......if it will last longer and ride better then that's what my bike gets...

I really dont see a couple more bucks (if that) on Polaris fluids to keep your very expensive toy in good health...A deal breaker!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ditto to this whole this page. He didn't research his purchase and now he feels like an ass and wants to think it's Polaris doing that he can't get his generic oil anywhere.I know people like this ( it's not my fault I didn't know). Sell the POS and buy something else you don't know s??t about and bitch on their forum dumb a??

·
Registered
307 Posts
You can use other brands of oil for the engine and for the rear diff., but I would not try anything else for the front diff. You will cause it to not work. Driving an hour for the polaris gear oil is better than buying a new diff. As for the drive belt, Pure polaris is the best choice for this.
The next time you need something......anything for your Polaris try driving an hour. I can see needing to head to the stealership for parts, ect but a simple oil for your transmission? What a scam. I'm really shocked that there are so many kool-aid drinkers and Polaris homers on this site. It is just amazing that everyone would put up with this.
I drive 100 miles each way to the dealer for service and parts - because I choose to do so. There are 3 other dealers that I pass along the way and I am happy to do so, because they all wanted too much for the 850 and I saved $1000 by putting up with the drive. Atleast the first service is at the 25 hour mark other brands are much sooner than that. That's a good savings right there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jeez, I hope you don't have to drive to far to pick up a pizza......:flowers1:
Personally, just like with my Polaris parts, etc. needs, I just have them delivered. :lmao: ;)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
^^^??

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
For the front differential, yes. That is what this 8 pages of nonsense is saying. Use only polaris oil for front differential and only a pure polaris belt.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The kool-aid tastes just fine to me, now will someone pass me the cookies!!!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! What a goober!!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I think it's perty much done Will. Really nothing more to say about the subject!

61 - 80 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.