Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I got sick of breaking my stock diff all the time so I came up with this upgrade

- Replaces stock weak front cover assembly, a common weak point on Scrambler and Sportsman diffs
- Helps protect the very expensive diffs against high load generated by big tired and upgraded axles
- Fits 550, 850XP, 850 and 1000 Scrambler
- Made from CNC machined billet aluminum
- New bearing an seal installed
- Fits OEM seals and bearings
- Can be installed without removing the diff
- Includes all necessary hardware to install (-036 o-ring will need to be reused off original cover)
- 170 plus shipping
- 09 to 17 550 and 850 sportsman's $190 plus shipping

Its a straight forward install and cheep insurance for your diff. Any questions or you need more info PM me or reply to post!

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
860 Posts
That looks good !!! I wish some one would make one similer for the value line mine is plastic !!! I had done a few searches with no luck on a aluminum repalcement

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love to purchase one of these units. I have a 2013 scrambler 850eps and i'm on my second front diff because of this plate/cover. I want to purchase this unit.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Someone needs to make one for just the sportsman xp where you didn't have to change anything! 225.00 plus the cost of prop shaft and pinion starts to add up quick! Nice job looks good!!!!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Someone needs to make one for just the sportsman xp where you didn't have to change anything! 225.00 plus the cost of prop shaft and pinion starts to add up quick! Nice job looks good!!!!
I'd bet is someone sent Firebird a stock 550 / 850 cover, he could do just that!! :idea:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'd bet is someone sent Firebird a stock 550 / 850 cover, he could do just that!! :idea:
If I could stay off mine long enough to do that I would send him mine:party43:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all of the support from all of you, I have been able to reduce the manufacturing costs of these billet diff covers! As well as add a new HD billet diff cover for the 850 and 550 xp's (direct bolt on). New pricing for the Scrambler/2015 Sportsman cover (short cover) is $170 plus shipping, and the 2009-2014 Sportsman cover (long cover) will be $190 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
So $190 for my Sportsman 1000? Is that the same part on the XP 550/850/1000?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So $190 for my Sportsman 1000? Is that the same part on the XP 550/850/1000?
The 2015 Sportsmans can use the Scrambler cover as they got rid of that big ADC neck for 2015. So the one for yours would be $170 plus shipping.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Got any for an 08 Sportsman 800 Touring, or 08 800 RZR ?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I would like to get one for my 2010 850 xp. I understand you make one for my length prop shaft but I am wondering will the adc still work?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I ordered one a few days ago. Pretty sure the ADC unit is removed and thus inoperable. I have only used mine 3 times maybe, I can live without it if it saves a $1k diff replacement.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would like to get one for my 2010 850 xp. I understand you make one for my length prop shaft but I am wondering will the adc still work?
No, it will delete the ADC. When I broke the front diff on my 850 I replaced with Scrambler parts, and I didn't notice a big difference without the ADC as the engine braking is pretty good

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Has anyone broke the front cover on the front diff on an 800? Haven't heard of one yet but plenty of 850 owners.
They're breaking the diff housings for the RZRs left and right. There are several reasons, but many seem to be from the housing flexing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Firebird, I ordered two of these a month ago and got them. Above you say if it's the 850 we need other parts. I don't think I got those parts.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts