Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. When I got my predator, the previous owners' son had attempted to jump start the wheeler from a car battery, but hooked the cables up backwards and thus fried the fusible link (It looks like two of the three at least are fried). I had just twisted one of the wires that had completely come unattached together and taped them, and the charging system started working again. However, it has come unattached again, and the brittle wire has completely come apart, so I need to get new fusible links to fix it right this time. I am wondering if anyone has had to replace these before. If so, if you could give me some brief details on how you went about it and how hard it was to do I would greatly appreciate it! Also, does the fusible link kit you can buy (OEM polaris part # 2202147) for $32 include all three fusible link wires, or is that just one (aka I would need to buy three of these kits to replace all three of the wires and have them be good to go going forward so I would not need to worry about one of these wires breaking again when i'm out on the trail).

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts