Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 550XP and have had fairly good luck besides it shuts down on it's own 3 or 4 times the 1st time you attempt to start it, sometimes won't start at all once it gets warmed up, and the exhaust gets so hot it has melted plastic around the seat all with 170 hours on it. Still I really wanted a side by side & thought I'd stick with a USA based manufacturer. Like an idiot I didn't test drive the machine I purchased, literally unloaded it & drove it a mile & it was vibrating like the thing was going to come apart, brand new mind you. I text the dealer & they say check this check that & then come back & say oh yea we have a bulletin on those. A bulletin 1 day after I paid $21594 for a brand new machine. I guess I should have woke up when the stickers were pealing off while I was loading it up on the trailer at the dealer or when we could not get the hood latched because the thing is so poorly engineered. The more I look at it the more I see it's junk. Unbelievably disappointed and frustrated!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
That's a lot of $$$$$ for that to happen.

·
Registered
819 Posts
When I checked out the ranger and rzr , I thought they felt very cheaply made for the price tag.

If/when I decide to get a sxs, I'll be going with the pioneer 1000

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Like an idiot I didn't test drive the machine I purchased
This says it all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This says it all.
I disagree. A test drive is a great idea, but a brand new machine should perform like a brand new machine..... Period. I have purchased several vehicles that I had to order. Obviously no test drive of that specific vehicle but instead, one like it prior to ordering.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Interesting read.
I can't imagine they'd be more than a few hundred feet from the rzr or ranger assembly line.
Any chance you just got one built on a Friday or does the recall fix your issue and be done with it?

Wish you the best as I know this feeling all too well with a pick up I bought a long time ago. Nothing worse than spending a chunk of change to find what you bought is far less superior than you had imagined!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Ever machine has the chance to be a lemon, I'd be working with the dealer to get it fixed ASAP or replaced with one that's not coming apart.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Interesting read.
I can't imagine they'd be more than a few hundred feet from the rzr or ranger assembly line.
Any chance you just got one built on a Friday or does the recall fix your issue and be done with it?

Wish you the best as I know this feeling all too well with a pick up I bought a long time ago. Nothing worse than spending a chunk of change to find what you bought is far less superior than you had imagined!
I agree, give it a second chance.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
This says it all.
Lol. Something you would say. Bought mine off the showroom floor. No test drive. Delivered it to my place and there were feet of snow so couldn't use it for months.
No issues.
Mark is a lot like one of my best friends, to be friends with them you have to know they will say things that aren't always with the grain, could even potentially get on your nerves. Having said that, most of what they say comes from a good place and they don't necessarily realize what they've said comes off as brash.
I forgot to mention, the aforementioned "best friend" I spoke of is my wife! Let that one sink in for a minute! Gotta embrace this personality and although you want to flip out on them at least with my wife, she means well. Haha

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Obviously no test drive of that specific vehicle but instead, one like it prior to ordering.
The thread starter did not even do that, at least he did not post it if he did.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Obviously no test drive of that specific vehicle but instead, one like it prior to ordering.
The thread starter did not even do that, at least he did not post it if he did.
And that's not the way I would go, but still.... The machine should not be having issues brand new. The worst you should discover when buying a new machine you didn't test drive is that you don't care for how it handles or you don't like the seating position. Not that you genuinely believe it's cheaply built and engineered junk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts