Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this plow & the only post I found was someone was interested in purchasing this plow & was looking for reviews as well.
Now that the plowing season is almost over, does anyone have any experience & logged on some serious plowing with this plow system? Would like some personal, first hand reviews.
Polaris says that it is a mid mount plow, I was wondering what the blade lift height is, (comparable with a front mount type?).
How much ground clearance is lost from the mounting plate?
Finally, is it durable & is it easy to install/take off?
My dealer said he will sell me the whole plow system for $600 Canadian which I thought to be pretty reasonable.
Thanks for all & any info on this plow:)

·
Registered
993 Posts
I just bought one and have used it twice this season. I'm coming from a cycle country 52" plow that has worked flawlessly for over 13 years and I can tell you now that this new plow is not going to last that long. First of all the mounting plate doesn't take up any ground clearance, see it mounts to the winch plate so nothing hangs down. Second of all yes very nice to take off and on although I highly recommend a winch remote, it makes it easier yet. Third I have broke 2 shear pins already and there are a lot of parts on this plow system compared to my other plow so just more to break. When I hit the second object, I bent another piece on the mount on the plow not a big deal but it won't last like my cycle country has. If I was you I would order the older style Polaris plow the glacier II because it works much like the cycle country does. Just my .02 hope it helps. By the way the price is very good if that's for all 3 pieces you need for the plow, the mount for the wheeler, the mount for the plow and the plow itself.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya Chubby, that price was for all three pieces. The power turning thingamajig was almost $600! Manual turning is looking pretty good now, lol!
I live in a small town so my choices for plows are slim. I have to choice between this one, moose plow from another dealer & I think I might be able to get an Eagle as well.
I was hoping for this one because it comes from my Polaris dealer & the price is right. If it is junk however, price is then irrelevent :cowboy:

How high does your blade lift anyway?

·
Registered
993 Posts
First things first nick-name is Cubby drop the H, lol don't worry not the first time it happened. Now I will have to go measure how far it comes up I will get back to you. I wouldn't call it junk just not as heavy duty as my one.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First things first nick-name is Cubby drop the H, lol don't worry not the first time it happened. Now I will have to go measure how far it comes up I will get back to you. I wouldn't call it junk just not as heavy duty as my one.
OMG "Cubby", not sure how the "h" got in there but I apologize just the same!!!!! Lol:)
Anywho, I would only be plowing my own driveway, don't need industrial strength plow but don't want something that will fall apart either.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping a few people would have opinions & experience with this plow but it looks to me that it wasn't a popular choice from Polaris owners as Cubby seems to be the only one who owns one, lol !

·
Registered
993 Posts
I do have to say I like the ease of on and off and it's a pretty looking setup but not everything prudy don't last forever just ask my EX lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awwwwe, sorry about that Cubby, lol!!!!
Just wish I knew if would be more reliable than a moose or eagle front mount & also wonder if it would lift as high as those as with the amount of snow we had this past winter it would be nice to be able to push the banks up. The plow we have on the little quad is a kimpex mid mount, only lifts about 7-8", can't push the banks up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love the Pro plow

I have a 2012 850 ESP and am running the camopast tatou tracks and the pro plow. I love it and yes I have sheared off one shear pin but that was probably because I hit a stump! I have the extention kit to clear the tracks so when I lift it up the plow goes really high. Good for piling! I have also used it for moving dirt and light grading with no problems.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2012 850 ESP and am running the camopast tatou tracks and the pro plow. I love it and yes I have sheared off one shear pin but that was probably because I hit a stump! I have the extention kit to clear the tracks so when I lift it up the plow goes really high. Good for piling! I have also used it for moving dirt and light grading with no problems.
Thanks Kaufman, that's good to hear! The two most important factors is reliability & amble blade lift height for "piling" I like the lift height of the front mount eagle but I thing the pro plow will be stronger because of the mid mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts