Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the bike, the winch, the 66" Poly Glacier plow, front and rear bumpers, and A-Arm guards front and rear.

I had to use the plow today to clear my driveway. After about 45 min of use it started slowing down and finally stopped and won't reel in and won't electronically backfeed.

I'd let it all the way down, plow about 100', then raise it. And do it again and again.

There is NO way in hell the winch should've burnt up with that sort of use.

I thought it may be hot so I went to town and came back and tried it and still nothing. It's about 20° out so if it did get hot it should not have taken long to cool.

Also, when I hit the switch I hear the solenoid clicking but absolutely NO movement.

Any suggestions...???

·
Registered
219 Posts
My 2500 is doing the same thing. I've had it for about 3 weeks. Yesterday I was about to winch my buddy out and as soon I as I hooked to him and pressed in I got was a click. Later in the day(since my winch cable was on my front rack) my buddy got stock again and everyone was way ahead of us. So I pulled mine out a little with free spool and pressed out and it starts working. So I hooked to him again and the first time I pressed in it just clicked. Both times it stopped working the cable wasn't even tight yet so it wasn't under load. Now I can't get it to work at all. So I guess I'll pull it off my bike and take it in for warranty(if they'll cover it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would check the ground to the frame first mine failed when i needed it most was swamped found ground was loose and bike was only month old at the time

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would check the ground to the frame first mine failed when i needed it most was swamped found ground was loose and bike was only month old at the time
Where's the ground at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mine was on the front frame on the side where the bolt holes are the contactor is on the opposite side

1 - 5 of 5 Posts