Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i was thinking about getting a set of Polaris HD front springs for my 05 sportsman 500 to remove the sag from my front end anyone have any experiecnce with these ? Also i plow with my bike, i read online that they help plowing can someone explain to me how exactly ? I can get 2 springs for $88 taxes in is it worth it ?

Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Because its a higher spring rate... They are stiffer YES they are better for plowing because they allow the machine to hold more weight.

CW

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I ran Polaris HD springs. They were way to stiff for my liking. Great for plowing, since my front end barely flinched with the plow up. I have EPI front springs, and they are a better compromise. About the same price. The EPIs take out front end sag, stop the dive feeling in corners on trails and they don't beat me up as bad.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ good to hear, im looking into the EPI springs for my XP. I stiffened up the lock rings on the shocks to cure the dive in, but would love to take it down a notch or two to allow more travel while still having a firm ride. also i plow with mine and after just mounting it up for the first time, the nose dives quite a bit when picking up the plow.

·
Premium Member
10,343 Posts
I ran Polaris HD springs. They were way to stiff for my liking. Great for plowing, since my front end barely flinched with the plow up. I have EPI front springs, and they are a better compromise. About the same price. The EPIs take out front end sag, stop the dive feeling in corners on trails and they don't beat me up as bad.
I also have epi and I'm pleased with them. When I was looking into upgrading my springs I was reading that the general consensus was the high lifter, epi, and purepolaris springs were all the same manufacture under different branding. Recently I was looking at the highlifter springs in reference to a thread and was surprised to find out their set up was about $100 more then my epi front and rears. So I concluded they must be a higher spring rate and powder coated for the additional cost. I didn't verify this though.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ highlifter is suppposed to be nice as well, i just dont want bright yellow springs. i like my modifications to look factory if i can.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
It's just a color!!!

I have them and one day with a can of rattle paint and now they are black.

They work fine. For me riding alone they are about perfect. With two up not so much. ;)

CW

·
Registered
576 Posts
I also installed Polaris HD springs due to sag issues and love it even more. I don't plow; but for people that do the HD springs regardless of who you by them from is a good choice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am in the process of ordering Polaris OEM HD Springs. They are the same rating as the EPI springs (101 lbs each) and are actually less expensive.

This is for a 99 though. Maybe other models they are different ratings, but for 99 they are identical.

I found a dealer with an "old stock but new" spring for $20 on ebay, now I am searching for another spring at lowest price, cause I am cheap and not in a hurry!!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I li love mine!!

Cw

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the EPI HD front and rear shocks, they are great. I heard that EPI actually makes the Highlifter springs, they just paint them yellow (not sure if exactly true).

·
Registered
434 Posts
from experience the polaris hd springs are to stiff and with a front end beefed up the back end starts to sag and polaris doesnt sell hd rears i highly recommend getting the highlifter springs all around i have em n there great ive heard good things about the epi onse to u wont regret it u probably will eventually regret the polaris onse i didnt like the way my sp500 handles at all with them even made it hard to stear because the back end sagged out so much there was way more wieght shifted to the back

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So i am getting ready to buy the springs they are $200 plus tax (13%) at my local dealer so where else can i get the springs to ? Ive looked on ebay but its hard to tell if there actually HD springs or not i live in Canada so if anyone has any website that they recommend or a ebay seller that are for sure HD springs ?

Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
422 Posts
Got mine off eBay $80 USD shipped. I understand things are a bit more expensive in Canada, but $200 + tax seems a little outrageous

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thats what i said i seen a few 2005 2006 Polaris Sportsman 400 500 600 700 800 HD Front Suspension Springs | eBay they seem to be the cheapest around. Anyone else have any websites or sellers ? Everything seems to be more expensive here. Also i have one brand new bronco shock in the rear and a stock oem one that seems to be perfect should i experience what Gangle04 said about the back getting saggy ? I do have both the new and the old shock in the rear set to the adjustment bellow the stiffest setting if get the HD springs for the front ? Thanks for any advice in advance!

,Jake

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
i live in far northern b.c. and i orderd the highlifter if u can get them shipped with usps to dodge customs charges do it if not 85$ bill when they arrive

1 - 20 of 37 Posts