Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Polaris 500 and all three head lights went out. When you flip the switch, nothing happens. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I know the bulbs are good. Are there any fuses or relays that I can check? If so where are they located?

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
The head lights are not fused (other than the main circuit breaker)

The red/blk wire at the LH handlebar switch should have 12 VDC when the key switch in in the ON position - power goes through the switch via the engine OFF/RUN switch to the Headlight OFF/LOW/HIGH switch - from there to the light and the light is grounded with the brown wire

That's all there is to it - bad connection, bad wire or bad switch (if the bulbs are good)

·
9,841 Posts
"(if the bulbs are good) " That was my question...How do you know the bulbs are good? Just because they were burning and now they're not don't mean they're good. An overcharge due to a bad VR or running with a dead battery will blow them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd pull the wires of the switch and touch them together. That should at least point you in the right direction. You could also use a multimeter on the continuity setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts