Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
man, there on youtube, it doesn't help at all for most because he points at problems under the machines and doesn't move the camera.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ohh, the eVillage videos ??? Ya, I like the idea, but as has already been mentioned, I REALLY wish he would move the camera, rather than say 'Here's the drain plug location' by pointing at something that only he can see.

Coming from a Warrior, I was very surprised to find that there were so few Polaris 'How-To' videos available on Youtube, but there were dozens for my Warrior. I never needed a manual in fact, I could just find a video on the 'Tube that detailed whatever I needed done to it.

The Polaris scares me with its complexity, so I am certain I will need to invest in a Clymers manual at some point.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm trying to get rear cvshafts out on my 05 sportsman 500HO and nothing is working the shaft wont come out of the tranny so i tried to take the other side out and it wont come out either

·
Registered
3 Posts
.....Coming from a Warrior, I was very surprised to find that there were so few Polaris 'How-To' videos available on Youtube, but there were dozens for my Warrior.

Tell me about it!!!! We have a '94 400 Xplorer that we need to pull the clutch on so that we can get the starter off and I can't find a single video or how-to description so that we don't screw anything up pulling the clutch. We have a clutch puller, just need the specifics... I did post on here a dedicated thread asking for info from anyone who may know.... UGH

:hmmm:

·
Registered
239 Posts
.....Coming from a Warrior, I was very surprised to find that there were so few Polaris 'How-To' videos available on Youtube, but there were dozens for my Warrior.

Tell me about it!!!! We have a '94 400 Xplorer that we need to pull the clutch on so that we can get the starter off and I can't find a single video or how-to description so that we don't screw anything up pulling the clutch. We have a clutch puller, just need the specifics... I did post on here a dedicated thread asking for info from anyone who may know.... UGH

i needs to do the starter on mine also. maybe ill make a video and stick it up. (would not be till mid next week)

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a 9/16 nut that holds the yoke of the drive shaft to the tranny. You can only get a open wrench in there. My problem is the nut seams to turn on a stud (turh left nut right nut turns also) I can not find a exploded image to see what is what. Hate to have that stud?? come all the way out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
was just working on my sportsman doing cv axle. i ended up using a tie rod pitchfork between cup and case. couple hard whacks with a dead blow and the axle started popping out, finished with a small pry bar. problem I'm having is getting the new one in! pain in the you know what!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ohh, the eVillage videos ??? Ya, I like the idea, but as has already been mentioned, I REALLY wish he would move the camera, rather than say 'Here's the drain plug location' by pointing at something that only he can see.

Coming from a Warrior, I was very surprised to find that there were so few Polaris 'How-To' videos available on Youtube, but there were dozens for my Warrior. I never needed a manual in fact, I could just find a video on the 'Tube that detailed whatever I needed done to it.

The Polaris scares me with its complexity, so I am certain I will need to invest in a Clymers manual at some point.
I bought 2 different manuals for mine. Do the same. They both have the info but each has what the other leaves out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
help

can you email me how to check the timing marks no one up here in georgia knows any thing about the diesel motor and i hat to scrap a good looking atv like this one my email is [email protected] i sure do need your help if you have time ...thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts

i needs to do the starter on mine also. maybe ill make a video and stick it up. (would not be till mid next week)
did you end up changing the starter? I have a 95 xplorer 400 2 stroke and need to change my starter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Help with Video

Is there a video that you know of that may help me figure out how to check the timing on my 2007 Hawkeye ? I removed my cam chain tensioner "by mistake" an am afraid to reinstall the tensioner without checking the timing ?
Can anyone help ? Thank you in advance/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts