·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Unless you're riding up to an alpine lake for some skinny dipping with the Lady, I don't see a point for music on the trail. You can't hear it while you're riding, and it takes away from the wonders of Nature that are all around you. but to each their own.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
For $159.99.... I'd pass and make a pvc version as others have done. Do a search and you'll find a couple threads about homemade pvc tube versions for less than $100.

As for the size... ??? But I'd think if it's designed to mount to the Sportsman head light pod, it can't be that big!!

I'd have to agree with ThorsHammer..... I too dislike those that blast tunes on the trail, but to each there own!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Unless you're riding up to an alpine lake for some skinny dipping with the Lady, I don't see a point for music on the trail. You can't hear it while you're riding, and it takes away from the wonders of Nature that are all around you. but to each their own.
So I take it you don't have one right.
I generally ride with 1 or 2 buddies and we ride at night.
I wouldn't want to listen while I was riding but we do make a few stops and listen to music on the phone while we shoot the sh*t and enjoy a beverage. Its just relaxing to be out of the house for a few hours without the kids and wife. I get plenty of quiet while I'm hunting.
My ole lady puts on her Ipod and sings at the top of her lungs while she is on the back when we do ride together. :lmao:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with the blasting tunes. Like I said just a little something to listen to. I don't need to broadcast to the world. I was actually looking for opinions on the unit itself not what people don't like about other people and what they do with their personal time.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Do with your money as you wish..... but I'd bet you won't find many here with that "exact product". As I posted, many have made the "homemade" version. Sorry for adding my opinion (Note, you did ask on a public forum and opinions are like @ssholes.... everyone has one!!), but when you get the "funny looks" from other riders.... now you'll know why. It's all about respecting others and the surroundings! :beer:

Try these.....

Forum Search: Polaris ATV Forum - Search Results

Thread Link: http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-atv-how-tos/44918-audiotube-supplies.html

Thread Link: http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-sportsman/49139-custom-audio-tube-2013-sportsman-500-a.html

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a much cheaper version that will likely work just as well.

Thanks I may check out little speakers like that one. Probably have one at Wally World.
I don't have to worry about seeing people on the trail because there aren't any. Its just something to have on a pit stop. I enjoy the sound of my 850 on the trail more than anything.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nothing better then a good ol home made set up.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have never owned something like that, but by looking at it, I would not purchase that. For one, the price for it is rediculous, and it does not look to be completely waterproof either. I would look at something more like this,

Amazon.com: Boss Audio ATV20 Off-Road/Marine Sound System: Car Electronics

It is completely sealed, and makes enough noise for you to have a good time while riding or while parked.

Or, like stated, make your own.

As for the eco extreme that someone else posted, it is ok. It is very durable, completely waterproof, and keeps your ipod waterproof as well. It runs off a couple AA batteries, but lasts a while. It isn't real loud, and gets distorted when turned all the way up, or when the batteries start to die.

I enjoy my music on the trails in certain situations. Obviously if it is offending or disrupting others I wouldn't play it, but that is usually not the case. The others I ride with actually enjoy it. I say do it big, and modify your atv any way you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts