Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has added these to there ATV? Were they worth it?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i have not. im sure they work great, but HID kits are much cheaper!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think they are pretty expensive.. I have a Rigid 10 inch led bar on the bike and it is like the night sun.. Really bright and only 35 watts..

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have them. I wont go back to normal headlights. I like anything leds. leds last longer and draw less power. so more power for the winch or other things.

led headlights are brighter and a cleaner light. my headlight pod is still stock. and it looks sad in color when I turn on the high beams. but the led headlights over take that anyways.....

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I am saving for a set of Polaris LED's. Not a fan of the light HID gives off, like the nice clean factory look.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
on a LED sidenote. what do you guys run for LED bulbs in the rear? I bought a set from a local guy who sells HID and LED Lighting, but they dont work. seems to pop the fuse when i put turn the ATV on. im guessing they are just cheap chinese junk.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have them. I wont go back to normal headlights. I like anything leds. leds last longer and draw less power. so more power for the winch or other things.

led headlights are brighter and a cleaner light. my headlight pod is still stock. and it looks sad in color when I turn on the high beams. but the led headlights over take that anyways.
These are #@&% BRIGHT! Mine were worth the price for the same reasons. I ain't going back... anyone want some lower halogen housings?

I would add this. Be careful of who you buy the Polaris LED "kits" from.
Mine came with bulb assemblies and all the mounting hardware.

The included "conversion harness" was two 4" pigtails that plugged into the new lamps but had three position connectors that didn't mate with my original two position headlamp plugs. There was no provision for tapping the high beams.

I should've gotten an RMA and sent them back. I had em in my hands and said screw waiting two weeks for someone else's harness.

I am fairly resourceful and have a good deal of automotive and heavy vehicle electrical experience. I have a fair amount of Delphi connector tooling to go with my experience. The parts connections don't hurt either...

My solution was to reterminate the headlamp plugs with Metripak 150 terminals and extend the yellow high beam wire, with some yellow SXL 16ga wire I had on hand, to both LED plugs.

Thankfully the 4" pigtails' brown green and yellow wire colors matched my bike harness.

My pod lamp is just dark. No great loss. It hits the wood box that rides up front.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Eight month old lamps in carrier with splitting o-ring. Shaky shaky...

New ones on carrier with hardware. I had to drill an access hole in the front bin to reach this adjustment screw. Plugged with a rubber bung.

Close up of new RH lamp.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have em and love em. I see everything now. I had some single LED lights installed on the rear of the machine, on a switch, so when I'm plowing snow, I can see where I'm going in reverse. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a set on mine aswell. They are an excellent light and more resilient than an hid. I also run a 10" vision-x bar up front. Great for getting back in the dark, the led head lights also look pretty cool. Well worth it if you feel like spending that much on lighting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts