Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help... I purchased the box today (for my 2008 Sportsman 800 EFI) and the installation instructions for the Expansion Anchor Kit were truly lacking. I'm not really mechanically inclined and I hate wasting time. Does anyone have a clear set of instructions for setting this up? Thx

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome to the Board....I'm sure someone will chime in with an answer soon, but in the mean time you might want to try the search engine.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If you are asking how to install the locks to the box, the angle brackets (if it's similar to the one on my '05 500) simply bolt to the threaded inserts on the box. The expansion anchors should already be installed on the angle brackets. After that, as the previous post says, just drop 'n lock!

Mark

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Just a word of advise...when mounting the metal bracket to the box use some red or blue threadlok! I think you slide the bolt with the lock lever through a washer and then hole on the bracket then affix the rest of the assembly onto the bolt and then finish off with the nut. It was pretty straight forward process. You then adjust the nut on the bottom to get the correct holding strength desired when you flip the lever.

Do a google search and you can see lots of pictures of the lock and ride mounts.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Like this, right?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,519 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Here are some more pics.

The first pictures should give you the best info...the large thick plastic washer goes under the mount bracket, then the rubber grommet, then the washer, then the nut...as you lock the lever it pulls the assembly together pinching the rubber grommet causing it to swell and lock into the hole. Adjusting the nut adjusts the amount the rubber washer swells. Some of the older units have a white spacer or more than one (pic 3).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Thanks to everyone. The pictures really helped a lot. Why couldn't they put some pictures in the instruction package??
No problem, for future reference I use google and type in what I want to look up or at then after I hit search I click at the top left of the page on Images. This pulls up every picture related to your search criteria. It is very helpful at times.

Really fun when you type in something like "boobies"....lol....and by that I mean Scary-Bees...not

1 - 11 of 11 Posts