Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new to the ATV world and decided to join and browse this board as my first site/quest for knowledge.

I was recently given (yes given) a 1995 Scrambler 400 4x4. It has been sitting for maybe 5 years in a shed. The handle bars are a little rusty, I was told the starter is out, the manual pull string is broken, but the tires, shocks and body panels are great! I was told it was wreaked and repaired before storing and the front end was almost completely replaced. Radiator, fan guard, front control arm, coils, shocks, and one rim have been replaced.

I have been riding a friends Honda rancher and it is fairly nice but for a 95 this polaris seems really nice. Automatic trans, electronic throttle, liquid cooled, and oil injection?!? I feel like this will either be a great investment or a catastrophe.

Any opinions on the model and expirences? I will of course starting looking around but had to ask here too.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Sounds good to me. I don't think anyone would spend that kind of money fixing it up if the engine was bad. I would not spend any money on it until I replaced the pull cord. Change oil, Clean carb and plug. Then see if it runs, if it does.
Sounds like even a better deal. Let us know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts