Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 Polaris 700 Twin. Finally time to do some brakes and I am curious as to what people have found as to OEM vs polaris parts. There seems to be a big price discrepancy between OEM and aftermarket. I dont need anything heavy duty.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I run the EBC severe duty pads and they last better than stock. I ride only mud/water, so no matter what I use they wear out quick.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I run the EBC severe duty pads and they last better than stock. I ride only mud/water, so no matter what I use they wear out quick.
Agreed... I also run the EBC severe duty pads.

·
Registered
721 Posts
+1 on EBC Severe Duty pads.

·
Registered
52 Posts
+1 ebc ... i had to change my oem pads every 3 rides, first set of ebc pads was 8 rides and thats only because i need rotors now

·
Registered
619 Posts
EBC Copper on all 4 of my bikes (all different types of riding) and no complaints. The copper mix of the pads, doesn't seem to wear the rotors as quickly either.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My buddy just disintegrated his pads and blew his calipers on his Can Am and is getting the brand Race Driven(?) pads, any one have experience with those? I see my pads are running thin so I better change my pads before I have the same issue as him. I will look into the EBC too, where online do you guys recommend buying them from?

·
Registered
93 Posts
i get mine from race driven. I change them every year now, ever since ive blown out the rear caliper on my old sp800 and had to ride to pretty treacherous terrain 10 miles back to the truck with no brakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts