Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I have a outlaw 500 which has a clutch. I was wondering if there is descent plaris oil substitute. Like mobil 1 or quakerstate. The manual calls for PS-4 type engine oil. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have used Mobil 1 and NAPA/Wix filters for years (1358 part #)

·
Registered
52 Posts
fyi: I worked at Castrol and we made Bombardi 2 stroke oil, all it was was Castrol Super 2 Stoke with out the blue die, the biggest diffrence is the price. It would be cool to get a list of comparable fluids for the ATV e.g. trans, ADC, ect

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to do nothing but skidoo sleds for many years and I was aware that castrol made all of the oilos for bomber. And yes the price is stupid expensive for them just relabeling those products. I went ahead and paid the $32.00 for the polaris PS-4 motor oil since the mchine is new and under warrenty. That same jug of synthetic motor oil would have costs $50 if it was labeled as a can am lube.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Does the Outlaw have a wet clutch? If so, you need an oil that is Jaso ma spec. Amsoil atv 0w40 or Rotella T6 5w40.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've been using the Rotella T6 5w-40. It's usually a good deal. Unless you live north of the Arctic Circle, I don't think there's much difference between a 0w and 5w.

·
Registered
48 Posts
so do you all agree it is ok to use 0w-40 synthetic instead of 5w-50 polaris oil? It is a lot cheaper. However MOBIL1 makes a 5w-50 but it is kind of expensive also? what do you all think? I have a brand new 2015 Sportsman 850 SP and I would hate to void the warranty if I don't use Polaris oil and filter.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
so do you all agree it is ok to use 0w-40 synthetic instead of 5w-50 polaris oil? It is a lot cheaper. However MOBIL1 makes a 5w-50 but it is kind of expensive also? what do you all think? I have a brand new 2015 Sportsman 850 SP and I would hate to void the warranty if I don't use Polaris oil and filter.
The Magnusson Moss Warranty Act makes that illegal. If they insist that their oil and filter must be used, then they are legally bound to provide it free of charge.

Run Rotella T6 5W40, it is a true HDEO that is spec'd for gas and diesel, and wet clutches (JASO MA).

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
:lmao:
The Magnusson Moss Warranty Act makes that illegal. If they insist that their oil and filter must be used, then they are legally bound to provide it free of charge.

Run Rotella T6 5W40, it is a true HDEO that is spec'd for gas and diesel, and wet clutches (JASO MA).
William is correct even though he made fun of the painted plastic and funny wheels on the ATV I was looking at.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ronnie

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
:lmao:

William is correct even though he made fun of the painted plastic and funny wheels on the ATV I was looking at.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ronnie
Dont worry Ronnie.. When I upgrade to a new XR Cat in a couple of years, I will email you. I love the fancy LED light bars surrounding the head lights, but to get them, I need to swallow my pride and get fancy wheels and auto paint. :lmao::lmao:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts