Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I have a 2010 Polaris 90, we believe is an outlaw..we bought used from the neighbor. The thing is clean. We had it sitting for a year, yes I know that's bad re the fuel and the carb. It started up but then dies but the battery didn't hold a charge. Bought a new battery..then started up and when given throttle it sputters, applied the choke but still died. After reading many threads..I have done this, checked spark plug..and replaced, emptied tank and placed fresh new gas in. At this point it does start up but cannot idle without dying or having to constantly give throttle. Next step tomorrow is to check the fuel line filter, the fuel line itself and the vent hose. Other than that, I guess I would have to remove the carb and check the jets?..I'm new at this and as others have posted really don't want to spend 300 buck on something I may be able to take care of myself.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If idling is your problem then it has to be your pilot jet change it don't clean it and it will fix your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jets?

not to clean it?...or get a whole new carb..again Im not familiar with the quads too much but can attempt to do it myself.....

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
993 Posts
not to clean it?...or get a whole new carb..again Im not familiar with the quads too much but can attempt to do it myself.....
You can do it yourself, just pull the carb off and take the 4 screws off the bottom of the carb this will allow you to see the jets. The main jet is in the middle and your pilot jet will be tucked up in one of the small holes and you will need a very small flat head screw driver. Take it out and replace it you won't be able to clean it with anything and they are really cheap a couple bucks at most. Put it all back together and try it, should be fixed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2010 and a 2011 and occasionally have this same problem. I put some Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner in the fuel, run it so it gets into the carb, let it sit a few days, and it clears up. Worth a try before taking it apart.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
You can remove and clean the jets, carb cleaner and compressed air, sometimes need a small wire to run through pilot jet, has very small hole in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slightly bent front rim

While my small quad is being repaired I noticed that one of the front wheels,rim is slightly bent not much...is this safe to ride?..the tire does hold the air

1 - 10 of 10 Posts