Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok maybe someone can help. i tried to start my qaud with the electric start but had the gas off ' i wouldnt start so i tried jumping it still didnt start. the electric starter stop working , i was wondering how do it cvheck to see if it burned up? or maybe there is a fuse burned out some where???? the quad will fire up now with the kick start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok maybe someone can help. i tried to start my qaud with the electric start but had the gas off ' i wouldnt start so i tried jumping it still didnt start. the electric starter stop working , i was wondering how do it cvheck to see if it burned up? or maybe there is a fuse burned out some where???? the quad will fire up now with the kick start.

I am having the same issue currently. I have a 2007 polaris phoenix 200 with no kick start handle though. Did this happen to you ever. was riding through the woods going somewhat fast but not extremely fast and then I started going slow and it just died out. The Battery was dead but it should still run with a dead battery once it is running for a while. i jump started it to get it going. Now it will not stay running for more than a second or two. i Just cleaned the carb yesterday and it still doesn't run. then the starter just clicks and wont turn over the engine after i cleaned the carb no electrical connections were messed up either. it is in very good condition and running and idling perfectly. now it wont even start. Can anyone help me here. The spark plug is a bit rough. I am probably going to try that over the weekend. The gas lines are also not clogged i put new ones on the other day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SOunds like you have a charging issue or a dead battery. They won't run with a burned up battery.
here is the current state of it. battery is actually fine it just needed to be charged. this what concerns me. the kick start knob (no lever just didn't have one on) is bent sort of. the engine will also not crank over. if it were the battery it would have done it when I jumped it, but it didn't it clicks and doesn't turn. I feel like I may have burnt up the starter so im going to buy a replacement one on ebay. I did smell a burning the last time I tried cranking it. it started for about a second and died. I think im going to try to drain the gas. filter it so I can use it still. clean out the tank, replace the fuel lines and make sure all the vaccum lines are good possibly buying a carb rebuild kit online also. im getting desperate

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was having the same issues. Took the starter off, it's really easy, took out the thru-bolts and opened it up. It was rusted inside, green and full of water/oil mix. The commutator was warn almost through and the brushes fell apart in my hand.
I bought a new one and it wored fine again.
About a year later it was acting the same way so I managed to get reduced cost warranty replacement, not exactly the "free replacement" program they spouted. Well, as it turns out, the 8mo old battery was flakey, so if anyone needs a starter, I'll sell the new one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was having the same issues. Took the starter off, it's really easy, took out the thru-bolts and opened it up. It was rusted inside, green and full of water/oil mix. The commutator was warn almost through and the brushes fell apart in my hand.
I bought a new one and it wored fine again.
About a year later it was acting the same way so I managed to get reduced cost warranty replacement, not exactly the "free replacement" program they spouted. Well, as it turns out, the 8mo old battery was flakey, so if anyone needs a starter, I'll sell the new one.
how much did you get a starter for and where? i dont want to pay like $160 for one of them or even $100. Also how much do you want for that one you have and where are you located. Im in old forge, PA. My quad is a polaris phoenix 200 2005 anniversary edition

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Follow the big wire from the solenoid to the starter. The lug is usually on the side of the starter. Most only have one wire which is positive and are grounded through the body of the starter with the mounting bolts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
how much did you get a starter for and where? i dont want to pay like $160 for one of them or even $100. Also how much do you want for that one you have and where are you located. Im in old forge, PA. My quad is a polaris phoenix 200 2005 anniversary edition
I paid $49.45 ($44.50 + $4.95 shipping) for this starter on eBay. It's nice to see it's less now..... :shocked1:

I've bought 3 or 4 things from this seller.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Follow the big wire from the solenoid to the starter. The lug is usually on the side of the starter. Most only have one wire which is positive and are grounded through the body of the starter with the mounting bolts.
where is the solenoid located at?
At? :veryhappy:

It's behind the plastic on the left side between the air box and the plastic. Follow the wire off the starter, it goes up to there.
If you need to replace it, it's a PITA to get to w/o removing the entire rear plastic section of the machine.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out what was wrong.
Probably, but it's an old thread - if you need help or advice, please start a new thread. Problems may sound similar, but all problems are different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need Help Please. I have a 2016 Phoenix 200 bought it new. In October 2019 the unit did not shift into gear. Keep in mind this is not driven constantly and is just back yard fun for my daughter and kept under cover always. The dealer said that mice got into the transmission and the motor was shot. Told me parts alone were $2500. When I asked how they could get into the motor, I was told that this was common problem and if was stored in a garage or shed, it would occur again. I am very confused and have motor cycles and other items stored in this same location. Beyond better judgement, I told them to fix it. It is now January and the dealer still has not repaired this as supposedly the parts are on back order.

Anyone have any comments!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts