Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i brought a polaris glacier setup for the scrambler 1000 why does the mount not fit with the front bumper and why do i have to cut the plastic to make it fit

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I'm not sure. It might be that the guys at Polaris don't think many people will buy a Scrambler to plow snow? :question:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Wrong mount???

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Sometimes it is..... what it is!!

But, I'd call or visit your local dealer to verify you have the right mount!

EDIT: After taking a closer look at the front end of a 1000 Scrambler....

Without removing the lower bumper and cutting a little of the lower plastic grill..... Where else are you suppose to find a "solid spot" to mount a "front mount" plow system?? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Shouldn't have bought a "sport" atv instead of a "utility"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Plow

The glacier PRO PLOW will work. Unfortunately, the front bumper does have to come off & 3" of plastic will need to be trimmed off.
image.jpg

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
i brought a polaris glacier setup for the scrambler 1000 why does the mount not fit with the front bumper and why do i have to cut the plastic to make it fit
The glacier PRO PLOW will work. Unfortunately, the front bumper does have to come off & 3" of plastic will need to be trimmed off.
View attachment 16034

CONFIRMED TO BE TRUE!!!

As for the "WHY"..... 1) My thoiughts, are that it's designed to be a "Sport", not a "Utility" Quad. In which provisions would have been made during design. 2) That or the Engineers at Polaris weren't thinking that far ahead. 3) Or maybe...... during design they didn't think anyone would buy a Scrambler with intent to use it to plow. 4) Or else.... who knows?? :dunno:

No matter what the reasoning or thought behind it..... you've gotta "remove & trim" to get it to work for your desired use/purpose!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts