Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 2004 polaris predator, it had tranny problems that ended up to be twisted spines on the 3rd gear part of the countershaft. i fixed that then when i went to run it at first it was good at low throttle till i broke it back in, then when i went to give it a full test run it started to cut out at 1/2-full throttle in every gear regardless of RPM. I currently work as a mechanic and it feels like an ignition cut out. I cleaned the carb, probably not as good as i should have but a carb issue wouldnt have these kinds of symptoms. its a hard cut out, almost like its hitting the rev limiter but i know its not. my quad has a HMF slip on exhaust, uni clamp on air filter, 440 pure polaris kit, 170 main and the needle in the middle postion. the coil ohmed about .3 so that appears correct, i havent checked the spark plug wire yet. the strange part is when its completely cold, If i start it and take off and just ride it light it dosent misfire, when it gets a little warm it starts to misfire. if anyone has any idea what to test or check next I'd be greatly appreciated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts