Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a predator 500. Runs amazing for random lengths of time. It shuts of and loses all power completely at random. While running in neutral, all gears and rpm's. No lights no power at all. Then magically at random time intervals the power will come back and allow me to ride again for another random length of time...... I am clueless. Please help!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
39 Posts
What year predator? Sounds like the circuit breaker. There should be 2 one for the fan another for the engine. your after the engine one. Their in black "sealed" pouches. If its 03-04 i think its by the battery on the backside of the frame, 05-06 not sure, 07 both are under the front headlights. they get corroded and crap out on you. Once you find the little devil run you quad till it dies then pull that breaker out and put in a jumper wire temp. to see if it will start. There is no true way to test them. If it is the problem you can get a repair kit from Hpd Tech Tips 1, Predator just shutting off? or run to your local parts store and get a 20 amp self resetting fuse. Make sure you seal it up with a sealant of some sort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

It's an 04. That sounds very likely. I'll check it out it the shop I took it to today doesn't fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts