Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m about to buy a street legal machine and noticed that these are priced pretty good as second hand machines here in Sweden. Which ones of these are the best machine and the most maintenance free one?

Are there different gearing options aswell for the so that you can make it go convienient in 50-60mph?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Predator is more of the consumer sport quad and the outlaw is aimed more at the professional racer. From the work I've done on them over the yeas, maintenance is about the same on them but the outlaw seems to be a more reliable machine over all. It's also a better performer all around too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Predator is more of the consumer sport quad and the outlaw is aimed more at the professional racer. From the work I've done on them over the yeas, maintenance is about the same on them but the outlaw seems to be a more reliable machine over all. It's also a better performer all around too.
Thanks!

The one I am looking at is a 2007 and he wants roughly 4500 USD for it.

Any special things I should look out for or is this machine "bullet proof"?

Polaris Predator 500cc VÄGREGGAD | Södermanland

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Far from bullet proof. Not the same engine as the sportsman. These require valve maintenance every 15-20 hours at a minimum, as well as they are built to perform about to the limits of the engines so they tend to wear faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts