Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a flat on my 2014 Sportsman XP H.O. EPS 850 Browning Edition.

Looking for someone with one of these tires available. Willing to take a full set if someone replaced their stock tires with aftermarket.

The tire on there now is branded as Polaris PXT (polaris xtreme tire) AT26X11R14. "Polaris by Carlisle" is on the tire as well.

Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get other tires. The pxt's are junk. I gashed the sidewall within 50 miles
That's kind of the way I was headed. I have another thread on the general discussion asking about tire sizes if I swap out to a completely different tire.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This

The tires are pretty bad, not as bad as what came with my Touring, but pretty bad. Almost ANY other tire you could buy would be better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This

The tires are pretty bad, not as bad as what came with my Touring, but pretty bad. Almost ANY other tire you could buy would be better.
I have a full set of ITP Mud-Lite XTRs sitting in my shopping cart.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's exactly what happened to mine. Hit something on the trail and it put a hole the size of a quarter in my sidewall.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oddly enough, never had any problems with the ones on our older Sportsman after 10 years. And that's after severe farm use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This maybe too late and I have no firsthand experience with them, but have read other posts on this forum referring to the Mudlites as 'plug-lites' for their succeptability to punctures also. Just a 'heads up'. Good luck in your decision. P.S. after much research on this forum and others I recently purchased a set of Maxxis Zillas in 26x9x14 and 26x11x14 for $410.00. Awsome tires!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This maybe too late and I have no firsthand experience with them, but have read other posts on this forum referring to the Mudlites as 'plug-lites' for their succeptability to punctures also. Just a 'heads up'. Good luck in your decision. P.S. after much research on this forum and others I recently purchased a set of Maxxis Zillas in 26x9x14 and 26x11x14 for $410.00. Awsome tires!
Too late but I'm very happy with them. I'm still on the lookout for this one tire so I can have a complete backup set of tires. I can't mix and match with the Mud Lites because they are bigger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts