Polaris ATV Forum banner

How many are satisfied by Polaris warranty coverage?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do others have problems with the transmission on this model? I cannot get much help from local dealership with my warranty repair....I have to invest wayyyy too much effort trying to get service from Polaris on this. Any helpful suggestions? I’m done wasting my $$$ on Polaris products.

·
10,595 Posts
No possible way for us to help you OP unless you tell us what's actually wrong with the machine other than that you have a shitty dealer that don't want to service it. Your warranty is only as good as the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try another Dealership. What is specific problem?
Will not go over 13 MPH. Suddenly won’t accelerate past that. Not being a mechanic, I still believe it to be faulty transmission. When I was at the top of a steep hill, I put the machine in Neutral to cost freely down; however, the machine shook when it got up to about 13-15 MPH. Of course, I’d try another dealer, but I’ve already tried 2 within 40 miles of me. There is no other options around me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No possible way for us to help you OP unless you tell us what's actually wrong with the machine other than that you have a shitty dealer that don't want to service it. Your warranty is only as good as the dealer.
Maybe I shoulda asked where the good dealerships are IDK. But, that doesn’t help me, so....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can’t get it to either dealership. They both claim to be super busy..will get to it whenever. Each place says I have to eat a tow bill in excess of $100, according to Polaris case management. That’s not how car/truck dealership deal with these issues, from my experiences. I use this $20K + UTV as a vehicle where I live. So, in there viewpoint, I should have weeks of down time.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
You can’t get it to do that at Dealership?
My question was you can’t replicate the acceleration problem at the Dealership? Sounds like they haven’t even looked at it yet! Yes it sucks but don’t jump to any conclusions yet.

·
10,595 Posts
Sounds like clutch problems rather than tranny. They have a weird clutch setup on those machines and I saw a couple reviews about guys having clutches replaced under warranty.
How many miles/hours on that machine?
Contact Polaris directly and lodge a complaint/ask for a fix. Your dealer has to step up to the plate to push for and expedite warranty work.
You may have to check lemon laws and the BBB as alternatives if you get no movement on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like clutch problems rather than tranny. They have a weird clutch setup on those machines and I saw a couple reviews about guys having clutches replaced under warranty.
Contact Polaris directly and lodge a complaint/ask for a fix. Your dealer has to step up to the plate to push for and expedite warranty work.
You may have to check lemon laws and the BBB as alternatives if you get no movement on it.
Thanks for that input. I don’t want to jump to conclusions. I like ya’lls input from your experiences. The lack of interest on dealerships’ part creates a trust issue right off the bat.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
Agreed its your clutch!! Dealers are super busy right now as I have basically scoured the whole Northeast looking for ProXP-4s. Every dealer I talk to has said things are hectic. You are going to have to be patient as you are at the mercy of the dealer. Make no comparison to automotive dealers that is a completely different ball game.

·
10,595 Posts
Agreed its your clutch!! Dealers are super busy right now as I have basically scoured the whole Northeast looking for ProXP-4s. Every dealer I talk to has said things are hectic. You are going to have to be patient as you are at the mercy of the dealer. Make no comparison to automotive dealers that is a completely different ball game.
Yeah, they are probably swamped right now but time is running. Make sure there is a warranty claim filed NOW!

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
Great point Polman!! OP get the paper work started and documented. Honestly don't get frustrated and DONT drink the Kool-Aid (internet BS). Polaris is one of the BEST machines you can own!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Polman500, you were correct. It was a clutch problem. After some debate between the dealership & Polaris corporate, it was FINALLY repaired as of 06/19/20. FYI, one corp. person said the belt would be “collateral damage” from a defective clutch & the customer(Me) would have to pay over $200 for that piece of rubber. Apparently, someone from corp visited this dealership & told them to replace all under warranty. Good ending, but WOW! Folks make things wayyyy tooooo difficult when $$$ is involved.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts