Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought one of these and have no idea what year or exact model, engine size etc....they told me it was a 2016 but I really want to get some concrete confirmation. If any of you knows how I can find out the model, engine size etc it would be greatly appreciated.

·
9,461 Posts
Hmm... It'll be stamped in the frame. Might look on the other side or in the front. There's originally a tag also with the build date but they sometimes get blown off with from power washing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you know I'm really stumped because I've looked at all those locations and cannot see anything. I saw where a sticker could've been on the back frame but thats gone now. so I started looking for any number that was stamped. I saw on the air filter it said 2015 567 cc if that means anything.

·
9,461 Posts
Sounds like you have a 2016 Ranger 570-6 Full Size Crew. Below is an exert from a Polaris Off-road self help article dated 8/13/19 indicating that your VIN should be in the Left Front wheel well.

Exceptions to the rule for model year 2015 and newer vehicles include: 2015 RANGER 800 EFI, 2015 RANGER 800 EPS, 2015 RANGER 6x6, 2015 RANGER Diesel HST, 2015 RANGER Diesel HST Deluxe, 2016 RANGER 6x6, 2017 RANGER Diesel HST and 2017 RANGER Diesel HST Deluxe. The VIN on these models can be found in the left front wheel well.

Here's a link to entire article.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys I finally found it....it was on the frame by the battery under the rear seat. I found out that I have a 2015 570 full size crew...my next question is do you know where I can get some aftermarket graphics for it ? I would like to change it from that green color and my last question is where is the best place to order parts online? I ordered some parts from Babbit but they only ship USPS so it takes awhile. thanks for all the help.

·
9,461 Posts
There isn't any ONE best place to order from. For new parts I generally use Partzilla, Rocky Mountain ATV and ebay according to the parts needed and who has the best deal. Powersports Nation is a excellent source for good used parts with a guarantee.
Here's an ebay search results for Ranger graphics kits but there are other sources

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a tech issue now....this ranger crew-6 has a 570 motor....key does not work. cluster lights up but no response. what would be the first things to do in trouble shooting these starting issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found out what it was...the fuel tank was full of water and the solenoid is not good...i also found that the exhaust pipe coming out from the head is cracked. Buy used and this is what i get lol...sometimes a good deal slowly turns out to be not too good of a deal. But too late to cry over spilled milk...thanks for all your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts